Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deustchland in den Schatten
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gibbersan
Is there anyone out there who knows where I could pick up this book in the US? Either the first Germany sourcebook or the second one?

I've got the Germany sourcebook that was printed in English, and I'm curious what was left out of the English version that was printed in the German version.

Anyone?

Yes, I know that Shadows of Europe is coming out, but I just would like to know out of curiosity. Checked stiggybaby and they don't have it (German sourcebook in German, that is).
Moon-Hawk
There's a copy of the first one availible on Amazon.com right now.
Gibbersan
Thanks. Didn't think to look there. Okay, now how about Deutschland in den Schatten II?
Moon-Hawk
German amazon.com biggrin.gif
I assume you can get international shipping.
German Amazon.com has it for 35 Euros
Gibbersan
Also looked at Fanpro's German shop, and they want about $35 for shipping. Probably the same for the German Amazon site. That's why I was looking for something a little closer to home.
Moon-Hawk
I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Incidentally, my strategy was simply googling for the ISBN.
Gibbersan
I tried "Deutschland in den Schatten II" in google and it came up with a lot of German sites for it (funny that biggrin.gif ), but nothing that I'd want to pay a ton of shipping for. Oh, well.

Does anyone know what it covers? Aside from the blurb on the back?

Edit: Found the review for it in TSS 16. Damn! 344 pages. Didn't realize that when I was looking at it before. No wonder it's about 35 euros.
Gibbersan
Ordered DidS2 from Amazon.de. Here's to seeing how long it will take. Came to 48.22 Euros (about $57 with shipping). Straight from Fanpro's shop would have be about 65 Euros. Not too bad for a book the size of the SR3 book.
shadd4d
The DidS II is just beautiful; darn good sourcebook. In August they're coming out with some book called Target: ADL (Brennpunkt: ADL).

The infor from Hamburg, as well as gear info (cyber, weapon, and vehicle info) is in the original DidS (just bought a copy from someone). The art is worse than the English Germany Sourcebook (after having looked through it, only 3 pictures were actually in both editions).

Your Germany Sourcebooks whould help you understand DidS2 (remember, the blasted book is in German), as some info as to county, political party, etc. was left out in DidSII.

Don, who owns both in German and can still read both
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012