Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S5
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Shortstraw
I assume that as Chicago is a feral city that S5 will suit a pink mohawk play style but are we talking hot pink or salmon?
The Masked Ferret
Pink Mohawk style play? What is that?
DWC
QUOTE (The Masked Ferret @ Aug 8 2013, 08:57 AM) *
Pink Mohawk style play? What is that?

Pink Mohawk is a style of play focused on "being awesome" rather than being detail oriented and serious. In video game terms, think of Saints Row 3 as opposed to Ghost Recon.

I'm gambling that Season 5 will be pretty focused on the "Rule of Cool", rather than the much more low key Season 3. I'll be there with my obvious cyberarms, medium machinegun, and semiautomatic grenade launcher.
Bull
I try and design Missions to be fairly neutral to play styles... But you'll likely get away with more inside the CZ. But be careful outside. Lone Star are dicks. smile.gif
FateBurn
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 8 2013, 06:04 PM) *
I try and design Missions to be fairly neutral to play styles... But you'll likely get away with more inside the CZ. But be careful outside. Lone Star are dicks. smile.gif

Are you telling me that there is a place where Lone Star is not dicks?
Bull
QUOTE (FateBurn @ Aug 8 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Are you telling me that there is a place where Lone Star is not dicks?

Lone Star has taken some hits in the last few years, losing long standing contracts like Seattle to Knight Errant. So they have something to prove. Now add in that they're policing a city that until now had been abandoned by the country at large.

So they're bigger dicks than usual now smile.gif
bonehead
So, a 3m troll walking around the streets with a Halberd might take some flak from Lone Start, is what you're saying? wink.gif
Bull
QUOTE (bonehead @ Aug 8 2013, 10:16 PM) *
So, a 3m troll walking around the streets with a Halberd might take some flak from Lone Start, is what you're saying? wink.gif

You can remove "halberd" and it would still be accurate. smile.gif

"Walking While Trog" is still a capital crime in some areas patrolled by Lone Star smile.gif
bonehead
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 8 2013, 09:34 PM) *
You can remove "halberd" and it would still be accurate. smile.gif

"Walking While Trog" is still a capital crime in some areas patrolled by Lone Star smile.gif

LOL! Well, if he's going to get harassed anyways, might as well carry a big (blade-tipped) stick.
Critias
I think the difference between an obviously armed Troll and a just-out-for-a-walk-Troll (in the wrong neighborhood) is whether Lone Star goes for their sticks or their guns. wink.gif
bonehead
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 9 2013, 05:49 PM) *
I think the difference between an obviously armed Troll and a just-out-for-a-walk-Troll (in the wrong neighborhood) is whether Lone Star goes for their sticks or their guns. wink.gif

Is there a right neighborhood for a Troll to just go out for a walk? wink.gif I guess one were Lone Star doesn't patrol.

This sounds like the beginning of a (bad) joke. "A Troll and a Lone Star officer were walking down the street..."

The only punch line I can come up with at the moment: "...and one was assaulted!" biggrin.gif
KarmaInferno
It's going to be as pink mohawk as *I* make it. wobble.gif

I already started with a CZ resident hobo with a shotgun driving a 30 year old pickup truck. He recently was introduced to the concept of "hygiene".

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012