Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [sr5] RCCs and Programms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Daishy
Hey,

on page 269 of the Corebook there is a little sidebox about the useful programms a rigger can make use of, how they are only usable on a RCC and so on. But while searching i did find nothing as to how many programs an RCC can actually run. The part about device-rating and sharing explicitly names autosofts, and the drone-section only mentions each drone can run a number of autosofts or cyberprograms equal to its rating. Did i miss something here?
SpellBinder
Cyberdecks are limited by their device rating, or at least those numbers match up for every single listed cyberdeck in the book. Would stand to reason that an RCC would be so limited as well. The Proteus Poseidon (and the equal but cheaper Vulcan Liegelord) has a device rating of 5, so therefore it can run 5 programs.
Daishy
oh, you are right. I didnt realize that, with the cyberdecks, the rating is always equal to the amount of programs it can run. So 5 programms with device-rating 5 seems reasonable. Thanks smile.gif
The Masked Ferret
QUOTE (Daishy @ Aug 15 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Hey,

on page 269 of the Corebook there is a little sidebox about the useful programms a rigger can make use of, how they are only usable on a RCC and so on. But while searching i did find nothing as to how many programs an RCC can actually run. The part about device-rating and sharing explicitly names autosofts, and the drone-section only mentions each drone can run a number of autosofts or cyberprograms equal to its rating. Did i miss something here?

Look at page 267 under "Noise Reduction & Sharing". It lists the amount of noise reduction and sharing (which is how many programs/autosofts it can run), which is based on the rating of the RCC.
kerbarian
QUOTE (The Masked Ferret @ Aug 15 2013, 11:43 AM) *
Look at page 267 under "Noise Reduction & Sharing". It lists the amount of noise reduction and sharing (which is how many programs/autosofts it can run), which is based on the rating of the RCC.

That describes how many autosofts an RCC can share with slaved drones, but it doesn't mention anything about programs. I think "count programs towards your shared autosofts" is one reasonable interpretation, but so is "your RCC can run programs equal to its device rating, like a cyberdeck". The rules don't say anything directly about it at all, so I'm hoping this shows up in the errata.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012