Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: The Movie
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sendaz
We have the pen & paper game, we have the computer game, we even have the um.. interesting video trailer for the game from way back when.

If we could have a movie, who would you want in it and playing what role?

Go ahead, have some fun with the idea.

So basically we need:

Actor/Actress Name:
Totally up to you

Character Name: Could be a famous SR persona or someone totally new

Character Race: Wide open, including metavarient. Want James Earl Jones as the 'voice' of Lofwyr? (at least how it sounds to those he is using dragonspeech right to the head with)

Character Role: A tough Street Sam or whatever you think fits.

Description (optional): Flesh the role out a bit, put that Bollywood finish to it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 15 2013, 11:06 AM) *
We have the pen & paper game, we have the computer game, we even have the um.. interesting video trailer for the game from way back when.

If we could have a movie, who would you want in it and playing what role?

Go ahead, have some fun with the idea.

So basically we need:

Actor/Actress Name:
Totally up to you

Character Name: Could be a famous SR persona or someone totally new

Character Race: Wide open, including metavarient. Want James Earl Jones as the 'voice' of Lofwyr? (at least how it sounds to those he is using dragonspeech right to the head with)

Character Role: A tough Street Sam or whatever you think fits.

Description (optional): Flesh the role out a bit, put that Bollywood finish to it.

Been done... The movie is called Ronin. smile.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 15 2013, 02:16 PM) *
Been done... The movie is called Ronin. smile.gif

That was an awesome movie, but could still use a SR twist to it, ie a splash of magic or some AR/VR to it. nyahnyah.gif

Also, Robert DeNiro still as human or other metahuman type? I still see him as human, just one scary human.
Stahlseele
Been done, The Movie is called Johnny Mnemonic
Sendaz
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 15 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Been done, The Movie is called Johnny Mnemonic

True it's Cyberpunk, but still not SR.

Here is a fun thought, prior to Johnny Mnemonic, would you have ever cast Keanu Reeves in that role?

I thought he did fine, but I had to admit I probably would never have picked him for the role to start.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 15 2013, 08:35 PM) *
True it's Cyberpunk, but still not SR.

Here is a fun thought, prior to Johnny Mnemonic, would you have ever cast Keanu Reeves in that role?

I thought he did fine, but I had to admit I probably would never have picked him for the role to start.

Dude, that Movie is from 1995, i was 11 back then . .
Daier Mune
I actually felt like Smokin' Aces was pretty Shadowrun-ish (without the sci-fi), although I understand most people didn't care for it. Regardless of the actors/plot, I'd want Neill Blomkamp directing.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 15 2013, 01:38 PM) *

*shakes his cybercane*

Get off my LAN!
Mantis
There you go. I was just going to say this. Seems like Neill can handle the sci-fi stuff just fine. In fact everything he has done is sci-fi and he has Peter Jackson as a mentor to help along on those fantasy elements. They'd just need an adviser that understands the SR world to make sure it doesn't get the Hollywood treatment.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 15 2013, 11:38 AM) *

Making you just about a thought when I joined the USMC.
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!
Tanegar
Ron Perlman as the chromed-out ork street samurai.
Voran
Kelly Brook as caution tape girl?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 15 2013, 09:03 PM) *
*shakes his cybercane*

Get off my LAN!

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 15 2013, 09:17 PM) *
Making you just about a thought when I joined the USMC.
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

So, i guess you two are sharing the same retirement-home then old-timers?
Lobo0705
Elysium with Matt Damon has a good Shadowrun type feel to it. Obviously without the magic and metahumans.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 15 2013, 03:34 PM) *

Us and Michael Weston yes, so best watch yourself whippersnapper lest you find yourself on the receiving end of a SeniorRun™. biggrin.gif

See also: Red and Red 2. wink.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 15 2013, 12:34 PM) *

Ehhhh? You say somethin' Sonny?
Whipstitch
Director and screenwriter would be more important than actors by an order of magnitude. Here'd by my pitch: Shane Black writes, Fincher directs, make the plot be about some naive corp stooge trying to blow the whistle on some new product/merger/whatever just as the company has committed to its biggest advertising blitz yet. Black provides the silliness, one liners, meta-commentary and Verhoeven-esque ads and Fincher sticks to making the corp world look a bit seductive even as everything about is demonstrably shit terrible.

Potential pitfalls: Cyberpunk is both silly and cynical which is tricky considering that Fincher's big weakness is that he directs like a bull in a china shop sometimes--he's so good at making things look sleek and seductive that he really struggled to make Fight Club feel like satire despite having all the plot elements in place. You'd really be betting on Black's expertise with abrupt tonal shifts that eventually pay off while also being funny enough to make the corp world just Evil Office Space enough to avoid a Gordon Gekko rooting-for-the-bad-guy scenario.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012