Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used Bioware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fiddler
Used bioware creeps me out much more than used cyberware. Something about a mutant organ from someone elses body just screams horror trid. What does everyone else think?
ShadowDragon8685
Used bioware is more or less an organ transplant.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 17 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Used bioware is more or less an organ transplant.
I agree.
Umidori
Ghoul Kibble.

~Umi
Wakshaani
Recall that ordinary Bioware is made from Type O genetic material and, as such, is perfectly happy to work in whatever bod you stick it in.

CUltured Bioware, in contrast, only works for the person whose genetic material it was created from.

So, you can always grab a secondhand SYnthcardium, but a used nervous system is right out.
Fiddler
I guess i can't get beyond the mutant organ thing i've never been into bioware so i am biased.
Sendaz
well movies about transplants causing problems don't help. nyahnyah.gif
Fiddler
And now for boware urban legends... I knew a guy who knew a guy who got an adrenaline pump, he was enjoying his Neil the Orc barbarian sim when it kicked in from the excitement, something went wrong and his heart couldn't take it he was found on the floor of his living room dead.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Fiddler @ Aug 18 2013, 09:49 AM) *
And now for boware urban legends... I knew a guy who knew a guy who got an adrenaline pump, he was enjoying his Neil the Orc barbarian sim when it kicked in from the excitement, something went wrong and his heart couldn't take it he was found on the floor of his living room dead.

More likely he was assassinated by Runners and it was made to look like an accident.
Fiddler
I guess you don't believe in AI infested cyberlimbs either.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Fiddler @ Aug 18 2013, 02:30 PM) *

No, that's actually entirely possible, it's just not very probable, since a cyberlimb would be a very, very poor environment for an AI to set up in. They want something with much more processing power.
Voran
There's a sex joke in there somewhere....
Sendaz
What? Not having enough RAM? nyahnyah.gif
Sendaz
DP
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Fiddler @ Aug 18 2013, 12:30 PM) *
With the way SR5 is now in the "processing power" bit, the only thing an AI is likely able to inhabit is going to be a host. Anything less would be like trying to play World Of Warcraft on a DOS 5.0 home PC.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 18 2013, 06:59 PM) *
With the way SR5 is now in the "processing power" bit, the only thing an AI is likely able to inhabit is going to be a host. Anything less would be like trying to play World Of Warcraft on a DOS 5.0 home PC.

Ah man, that's seems like it will be true. That's lame. Having to make friends with an AI so they can move into your commlink to optimize the system was one of the sweetest uses of AIs in SR4.
SpellBinder
Honestly it had amazed me that an AI could be in something so small in SR4. In another sci-fi game setting, which is set several hundred years into the future, an AI can only reside in a mainframe that requires at least a small automobile to make mobile, and even then it's probably taking up two seats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012