Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there no soak on astral combat now?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Masterofthegame
I ambushed one of my players with a force 4 spirit of man after a critical glitch on an ascensing roll and after one hit he ran screaming for his body. Is it really just a vs test now, with no soak, or did I miss something?
RHat
I would think that this would just use the Astral Attribute equivalencies.
Makki
of course you soak with astral body (WILL) + armor (Mystic Armor, Astral Armor Spell)
Masterofthegame
QUOTE (Makki @ Aug 20 2013, 02:09 AM) *
of course you soak with astral body (WILL) + armor (Mystic Armor, Astral Armor Spell)

I don't disagree, it seems weird that it's not written in the Astral combat rules anywhere. I mean, to a person who has played for 4.5 editions previously it seems like a no brainer, but the rules just say to roll Astral Combat + Willpower vs. Intuition + Logic and then apply net hits to damage.

Sometimes you just stumble on something that seems like it should be explicit, and there are so many little changes that you start to wonder if it was one of those little things you missed in the initial read through.
Jaid
might be something to kick over to the errata thread.
DireRadiant
You can always consider Astral Combat skill as a variant on the melee combat rules.

Note that the first sentence is "Astral combat is resolved in the same way as physical
combat." on p. 315
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012