Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effeccts of Permanent Damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
danzig138
Maybe I'm just a dumb ass, but I've been looking through both the BBB and M&M, and I can't find anything that says what the actual effects are when a character suffers permanent damage. The BBB talks about replacing the damaged part, and M&M talks about Attribute Stress and Surgery, but I can't find any penalties or modifiers. So if a character suffers permanent damage to an arm, leg, ear, or eye, what are the effects until he can get it replaced.
Also, how does magical healing apply to permanent damage? Will a Heal spell fix it right up?
FXcalibur
SR3, Page 127 and 128 covers Deadly damage permanent effects. There's a table there on 128. Not too sure about the rest, because I don't implement Stress in my games, and come to think of it, never given or received magical healing so far in our games.
danzig138
While I appreciate the reference, those pages don't talk about what I'm looking for. The team just got their butts handed to them in Dreamchipper. Three out of four suffered permanent damage. Two arms and a leg. What I'm looking for is the actual effects of having a useless arm hanging from your body, or any penalties after the arm is cut off, same for the leg.

Since none of them are going for cyberlimbs, they are waiting for cloned parts. I can't guarantee them 8 weeks of downtime, so I need to know if they suffer any penalties. Like, do they suffer any melee modifiers for the damaged arms, what kind of movement/Quicknes penalty is the guy with the damaged leg looking at? What penalties are suffered from having one eye blinded, etc.
TinkerGnome
Okay, that's kind of funny. I can just picture a Shadowrunner team limping in to the meet and having the Johnson get up and walk out.

Take a look at the peg leg and hook hand for some ideas, I'd guess.
Eyeless Blond
If they keep the arm/leg even after it's useless, they'll have to worry about gangrene. If they don't look for something to take the place of the particular brain region that used that limb they will probably have other complications.

(Edit) Heh, yeah, on that, I can't imagine them *not* getting their 8 weeks of downtime, even if they didn't want it. nyahnyah.gif
snowRaven
Well, I believe SR3 rules state that in case of permanent damage to a limb, the limb is amputated, or has to be amputated, and healig times are greatly increased. As for penalties for lacking an arm... well there aren't any specific penalties, except that there are a few things the character cannot do, and if he is lacking his main arm he will suffer penalties as if he was using his offhand.

For melee combat I'd give the one-armed man's opponents the 'superior position' bonus.

Lacking a leg would make alot of things difficult... Use the rules for peg legs in M&M if he wants to hop along on a prosthesis until his cloned part comes in.

For attribute stress the penalties are in M&M pg.129 "Attribute damage" and "Attribute Failure", as well as pg.130 "Attribute Failure Table".
draco aardvark
I can see them not geting the downtime. Though they may not get any more jobs that doesn't mean that everyone's going to leave them alone. In the game I'm in, the elf in the group walked out before accepting the deal - then instead of slandering the elf target like we were supposed to we killed him and sold his cyberware. Now the elf in our group turned us into the Tir in exchange for citizenship. Everyone's hoping to lie low for a couple months, but who knows if the Tir will let us.
mfb
why would the tir care about one elf that got cacked? one elf shadowrunner?
danzig138
Peg leg and hook hand. I had forgotten that those were in M&M. Thanks. Concerning the downtime, well, I doubt they'll take on any jobs. I hope. Knowing them, they'll try, but I know my group. Even with missing limbs, they'll find some way to get in trouble. . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012