Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Max number of unbound spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Repulse
I seen in SR5 pdf that the number of bound spirits is capped by your CHA. Is there a cap on unbound spirits?
Jack VII
Repulse
Do you know where it says this at? I couldnt find it anywhere. All I seen was that unbound spirits go away with sunrise.
Jack VII
Read the first paragraph under Summoning again.

Edit: I guess someone could argue that that only means you can't summon multiple spirits with the same Complex Action, but since that has never been supported by the rules, I think it would be stretching it a bit.
Repulse
Ah, that is how I read it as. 1 action = 1 summon, I didnt even think about that being the hard limit. I was just looking for a specific number that would limit them.

"You can only summon one spirit at a time, and it only hangs around for a limited time—a summoned spirit will return to wherever it was when you called it when it’s either through with all of the services it owes you or when the sun rises or sets (whichever comes first)."

"A magician can bind up to his Charisma attribute in spirits."

Thanks again for the heads up. That throws a couple kinks into my plans. Guess I wont have 8 or 9 unbound spirits doing spell sustains for the day as I do other stuff wink.gif

Shemhazai
QUOTE (Repulse @ Sep 10 2013, 11:19 AM) *
Guess I wont have 8 or 9 unbound spirits doing spell sustains for the day as I do other stuff wink.gif

That appears to be a loathsome practice that will cause spirits to dislike you forever.

On a related topic, what if you use Decrease Attribute (Charisma) against a conjurer with a bound spirit. If her Charisma is reduced to 0, does her spirit become unbound, as she will have then exceeded her maximum number of bound spirits?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Shemhazai @ Sep 10 2013, 11:43 AM) *
That appears to be a loathsome practice that will cause spirits to dislike you forever.

On a related topic, what if you use Decrease Attribute (Charisma) against a conjurer with a bound spirit. If her Charisma is reduced to 0, does her spirit become unbound, as she will have then exceeded her maximum number of bound spirits?

Why would Spirits sustaining Spells be loathsome? Spirits Binding Spells (NOT the same thing) would be loathsome... Sustaining is BAU for most mages.
Shemhazai
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 10 2013, 01:46 PM) *
Why would Spirits sustaining Spells be loathsome? Spirits Binding Spells (NOT the same thing) would be loathsome... Sustaining is BAU for most mages.

Yeah, you're right. I thought he meant spell binding for a long time.
Repulse
My plan was to try and not bind any spirit, but it looks like I might have to do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012