Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My ShadowPony
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 11 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Topic Derailment.............

*hangs head* Not sure where to post this, but my mind is reeling and I am wandering the digital landscape in shock... My son has discovered the Horrors of MLP (and he likes it). Saints save me... eek.gif

I must beat the brony out of him... before the rest of my family is corrupted...

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 11 2013, 11:08 PM) *
It's too late... my wife has succumbed. The infection has spread... frown.gif
All that is left is Fire...

Seems FastJack's electronic woe's are not the only mentally unbalancing forces creeping around.

With rumours of an unholy tome it seems even SR isn't safe.

Rather than close our eyes, we must face this issue.

Who are the ShadowPonies among us and what exactly do they do with the CyberSpurs?

Stahlseele
We are Legion.
And we usually try to keep Pony Content to this Thread as to not disturb the Peace and Quiet on these Forums
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=35788
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
It is an insidious force for subversion.
I am laying the groundwork for a fierce conflagration; a blaze so hot that even the ground will melt (the Thermite is aging as we speak)... sadly, there is no other way (unfortunately, it will have to wait until the rains and flooding have passed on... I do not think that even fuel soaked beams will burn in this weather). If I had a nuke (or a Thor Shot), orbital bombardment would be my option. But it is too late; I believe that the infection has spread well beyond total containment. At least fire will cleanse the infection running rampant through my house.

As for the utility of Cyberspurs... I got nothing.
Stahlseele
Don't make me post Pony-Content here.
We have the Rainnuke, the Orbital Friendship Cannon and the Ground Zero Group-Hug at our Disposal after all!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 08:10 AM) *
Don't make me post Pony-Content here.
We have the Rainnuke, the Orbital Friendship Cannon and the Ground Zero Group-Hug at our Disposal after all!

Ummmmmm.... Yeah....... eek.gif
Stahlseele
Cartoon for little Girls, right.
For Hoof to Hand Combat we have the Twiligatling.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 08:28 AM) *
Cartoon for little Girls, right.
For Hoof to Hand Combat we have the Twiligatling.

Apparently not just for little girls.
Twiligatling?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2013, 04:29 PM) *
Apparently not just for little girls.
Twiligatling?

You asked for it:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2zod5Qc...mo3obo1_500.gif
Sendaz
I can see cyberlimbs for a Shadowpony being essential (granted only as cyberlegs) as to use any sort of firearms, they would have them mounted into the front two cyberlegs.

Firing would involve raising the limb in question, with the cybergun popping out along the knee to fire.

Shock Frill Mane and Tail could also be a thing.

The twilgatling appears to be either an energy based weapon or mystical, though I am trying not to think too much into either.
Stahlseele
She's a Unicorn.
She could eviscerate Enemies with the Horn, but they are the more practical Magical Race, as opposed to the Mundane Eartheners and the Less Magical Pegasi.
It's a MAGICAL GATLING GUN!

Also, i'd get a Horse-Sized-Cyber-Torso and have on the Back a 360°x270° Firing Radius Weapon-Mount.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Sendaz
Giving the body shapes and probably good movement rates, I assume there are no vehicle riggers (everyone would just run/fly to wherever) though drones may be an option.

Hmm.. wonder if a ShadowPony Decker Unicorn utilizes the horn as a means of connecting to a jackpoint...... Or if there are TM Unicorn for that matter.

This bears further investigation....

*gets out the surgical kit*
Stahlseele
Actually, there are Trains, Airships, Balloons, Pegasus-Drawn Sky-Chariots . .
Big-Mac (basically, what you'd get if you Troll-Sized a Horse), has drawn around a complete house once . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 08:39 AM) *

Heh... Even I have to admit that that is pretty awesome. eek.gif
I did not just say that, did I? Oh, the Horror of it all...
Sendaz
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Actually, there are Trains, Airships, Balloons, Pegasus-Drawn Sky-Chariots . .
Big-Mac (basically, what you'd get if you Troll-Sized a Horse), has drawn around a complete house once . .

Yes, but is this 4th edition(season 4) MLP or Fifth Edition MLSP My Little ShadowPony set in the 2070's. nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2013, 05:01 PM) *

And that's how that works Moderate ^^
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Sep 13 2013, 05:04 PM) *
Yes, but is this 4th edition(season 4) MLP or Fifth Edition MLSP My Little ShadowPony set in the 2070's. nyahnyah.gif

To keep this short:
I have made Binky.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry714247

Squinky made me a sweet Pic from the Description:
http://squinkyproductions.deviantart.com/a...alypse-95924176
AccessControl
I suppose I can chime in here as another ShadowPony.

Now I'm gonna have to figure out stats for the pony races just so I can make a technomancer unicorn or else the idea just won't leave my head...
Stahlseele
Well, Pegasi probably simply Elf stats.
And Unicorns simply dorf Stats for the Willpower for Magics.
Human, Ork and Troll can go to Eartheners.

Orrr . .
SR HAS STATS for Pegasus and Unicorn.
And Troll-Sized Horses as well . .
Wakshaani
Chalk up another here.

Shhhhh.

Stahlseele
I think CanRay might be borderline.
Sendaz
I must admit I am not entirely sold on them.... long ill history with carnivorous unicorns has rendered oneself less vulnerable to their charms.

I do wonder how Dr. Lollipop fits into that grand scheme of things.

So good to see DocWagon and CrashCart are still in good han--err.. hooves.
Stahlseele
well . . http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/a...thoughtsgo.gif/
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2013, 10:01 AM) *

It is perfectly reasonable to be amused by the things the fans do without becoming a fan yourself.

It's like watching a train wreck.
Stahlseele
The only Fanwork there was the writing.
The Scene of one pink pony firing a lavender magical pony like a gatling gun at something is 100% copy pasta from the series proper.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Sep 13 2013, 11:43 AM) *
It is perfectly reasonable to be amused by the things the fans do without becoming a fan yourself.

It's like watching a train wreck.

True... But it is insidious.
My son is already hard at work trying to con me into watching it with him. And my wife has already succumbed. frown.gif eek.gif
I shall stand resolute... cool.gif
Stahlseele
Have you watched some of the Fanimation?
It's glorious and you won't be able to spot the difference to official one in some cases.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 02:19 PM) *
Have you watched some of the Fanimation?
It's glorious and you won't be able to spot the difference to official one in some cases.

I've seen various things, one was...very odd. Living sacrifice of Twilight kind of weird (then a sequel where they attempt to resurrect her).
Stahlseele
Twilight?
Not Rainbow Dash?
I remember a series of Ren and Stimpy like Animation that was . . VERY odd . .
But in terms of animation quality, i'd steer you towards different sources O.o
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2013, 02:18 PM) *
My son is already hard at work trying to con me into watching it with him. And my wife has already succumbed. frown.gif eek.gif

Well you could warn him of the dangers of extreme Bronyhood. nyahnyah.gif

Like all things in life, a little moderation may be required from time to time. wink.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Twilight?
Not Rainbow Dash?
I remember a series of Ren and Stimpy like Animation that was . . VERY odd . .
But in terms of animation quality, i'd steer you towards different sources O.o

Could've been. It's been a while.
Neko Asakami
I'm a ShadowBrony as well, plus the majority of my group is too. Granted, I have two females in my group, so that tips the odds...
ShadowDragon8685
Vinyl Scratch would totally be a hacker, walking along, bending the wireless world to her will. Octavia would be a technomancer, naturally. Science and art, bass and harmony. Wubwubwub and classical.

Twilight is, of course, a magician's magician, Rarity is a Social Adept, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are PhysAds, Pinkie Pie is a Mystic Adept, and Fluttershy in an unaugmented mundane, possibly a latent awakening, who's been caught up in the whirlwind.

Derpy Hooves has the negative qualities Bad Luck and Gremlins 3.

Princesses Celestia and Luna are Immortal Elves, sisters who clashed in the past. Luna lost and was banished to a metaplane, and has recently returned.

Big Mac is a Formoian Troll metavariant - all the strength and stamina, but didn't get clobbered over the head with the ugly stick.

Doctor Whooves is, of course, The Doctor. He has a sonic screwdriver that is immediate and perfect trump card against any and all of your eletronic defenses or hardware security except a "deadlock seal," whatever that is. He has increased stamina due a bicardiac biology and a blue box that can go anywhere and anywhen. smile.gif
Stahlseele
in terms of pure quality of fan made stuff for MLP FIM:
Children of the Night < = Song made and sung by a fan, drawings, animations, rigging, ALL done by fans.
And you would not really find a difference to the official stuff, if you had not watched it closely before that.

@SD: but he still ain't very charismatic so it's a good fit . .
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 13 2013, 04:41 PM) *
@SD: but he still ain't very charismatic so it's a good fit..

Eeeeyup! Big Mac's not very charismatic, but he doesn't fall into the "dumb angry brute" mold. He's kind of shy about speaking his mind to anyone except his kin, but he's a friendly, amiable and gentle sort - just watch him spontaneously break into pulling a hayride at Pinkie's behest, to cheer up a couple of glum foals.
Stahlseele
And then watch him go around pulling a complete 2 story house behind him in a stupor.

Also in terms of fanmade:
Snowdrop
Buttons Adventures
Fluffle Puff
Let's go and meet the Bronies
Picture Perfect Pony

JanAnimations is basically a garant for quality stuff . .
Yes, the Scene has it's own celebrities.
JanAnimations
TheLivingTombstone
and some others i can't remember right now.
Stormdrake
Stop the madness! My hacker has a Pony as his avatar in VR. I threatened my players with a Thor Shot if any of them made a centaur called Rainbow Dash. Wife is playing My Little Pony town on Face Book so the contamination is wide spread.
Angelone
Horses and ponies keep biting me, so no not a fan.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 13 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Horses and ponies keep biting me, so no not a fan.

I did warn you about wearing that Alfalfa fragrance, there is such a thing as being too green. wink.gif
Stahlseele
i am actually very afraid of horses because of bad childhood memories of being bitten and kicked and trampled by a horse once . .
and i still enjoy MLP FIM.
Neko Asakami
My thing is that it's one of the nicest and most creative fandoms out there. After watching the raging battles on boards like this one, it's nice to relax with a bunch of dudes who love their own particular pastel pony a bit more than the others, but it's really okay if you like those others because they're all different and we all like different things and that's okay.

Seriously, with a few notable exceptions, that whole "Love and Tolerate" mantra is alive and well in the fandom and it's great. I'm in an area with a metric assload (which is bigger than an Imperial assload) of Bronies and all of the meetups I've been to have been great. I run into fellow Bronies all the time on the train here and it's nice to be greeted with a brohoof and a chance at a conversation with someone who's usually pretty cool. It's good to be part of a community that isn't built on competition or exclusiveness.
ShadowDragon8685
The awesome thing about Friendship is Magic, I think, is that it's a perfect gateway to other settings/fandoms.

I would not have gotten interested in MLP:FiM if it had not been for Turnabout Storm, a (many!) hours long radio drama asking the question "What would happen if Phoenix Wright were summoned to Equestria to defend Rainbow Dash in a murder trial?"

And then, later on, I would not have gotten into The Epic tales of a Madman with a Box if not for Doctor Whooves and Assistant, one (of more than one,) epic tales asking the question "What if the Doctor finds that the TARDIS materializes in Equestria while he's regenerating, and he regenerates into a brown Earth Pony?"

Warning: TVTropes Links Detected.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Sep 13 2013, 11:08 PM) *
The awesome thing about Friendship is Magic, I think, is that it's a perfect gateway to other settings/fandoms.

I would not have gotten interested in MLP:FiM if it had not been for Turnabout Storm, a (many!) hours long radio drama asking the question "What would happen if Phoenix Wright were summoned to Equestria to defend Rainbow Dash in a murder trial?"

See, this kind of stuff makes me giggle.

But I'm still not involved.

Also, I have some Twilight Sparkle / Twilight cross-over fanfic you may (not) be interested in.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2013, 02:18 PM) *

maybe You should watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sj4yJ4MPYA
Episode with your Family.
I bet You'd like it more then they will

with a dark & grim Dance
Medicineman
Dolanar
why am I getting a very "One of us, One of us" Vibe from this thread? lmao. I have nothing against those who like it personally, everyone enjoys different things, but thats kind of the point, TJ doesn't like the Ponies, & that is his choice.
toturi
Bronies unite! ShadowPonies 4evah!

nyahnyah.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Dolanar @ Sep 14 2013, 02:15 AM) *
why am I getting a very "One of us, One of us" Vibe from this thread?

Because you have a spectacular grasp of the obvious?
tasti man LH
Got two, potential third ShadowBronies in my current game. One tries to deny that he is a Brony.

Although only one is insisting that his contacts' nicknames be based on characters from the show.

That being said, I am slightly glad of the turn off that the SR-centaur caused them... devil.gif

...what? I take what I can get.
Stahlseele
@Dolanar
Because we are a pretty inclusive lot.

We try to show people how good it is to belong to the herd, but if they don't want after some poking and prodding, we accept it.

We only ask that people don't mock us for liking it, because it's less stupid than liking sports and that they at least try it before deciding not to like it.
nylanfs
You all are wrong in the head, Batman says so
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Sep 14 2013, 07:14 AM) *
You all are wrong in the head, Batman says so

I love it when haters try to hate using that video.

Did you actually watch that whole video? Like, especially after the 1:00 mark?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Sep 14 2013, 01:05 AM) *
maybe You should watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sj4yJ4MPYA
Episode with your Family.
I bet You'd like it more then they will

with a dark & grim Dance
Medicineman

That was spectacular. I will be sharing that with my brony friends.

For those that are not aware, that is the opening theme from Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin), which is next on my watch list.
There's been a glut of "Attack on ______" intro videos lately. My one friend said, "Attack on Titan has become a genre."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012