Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O My Bazooka has a first name......
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sendaz
Metahumanity has a tendency to anthropomorphize their gear, be it guns to vehicles, it's just natural for many of us to even name these tools.

So whether its a trusty hold-out pistol or that beat up van your rigger keeps putting back together, what are some of the items you have Named?
Dolanar
my Sniper named his Rifle, Betsy, even one incarnation of him had a weapon personality & a commlink implanted in the rifle so the weapon & he could talk on missions where he had to wait a long time for a signal.
X-Kalibur
"I call her Vera"
Sengir
The shotgun which was the first device to talk to my TM...
Oregwath
My last character had a pair of dice he called The Ladies. He would hold The Ladies out before each run and let the team blow on them. Everyone did this because they knew The Ladies could get jealous if they didn't, and you don't want to see a pair of jealous ladies...
Voran
I used to, then I watched CSI back in the day too much and decided it was better to change guns every so often, I liked certain models, just replaced them.
Dantic
Meet the biceps, "Pain" and "Suffering"
*kiss* *kiss* biggrin.gif
Umidori
My group posthumously named the shark they weaponized via Oxygenate and Levitate spells "Gary Busey".

This being after a night of drinking copious amount of hot jala. I think we eventually decided that terrestrial Jalwah trees were a product of the Awakening, and that they appeared in some form or another across many worlds and metaplanes, akin to breen.

~Umi
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Umidori @ Sep 18 2013, 04:11 AM) *
My group posthumously named the shark they weaponized via Oxygenate and Levitate spells "Gary Busey".

That's too fucking batshit crazy awesome for you not to tell us the whole story!

C'mon, spill!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Umidori @ Sep 18 2013, 02:11 AM) *

~Umi

Entertainingly, I have been discussing just such an intriguing idea with a member of our table over the last few months. It is possible that I got the idea from you, but it is entirely entertaining. Too entertaining to just let go. smile.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 19 2013, 06:48 AM) *
Entertainingly, I have been discussing just such an intriguing idea with a member of our table over the last few months. It is possible that I got the idea from you, but it is entirely entertaining. Too entertaining to just let go. smile.gif

I think this got brought up on a thread about shapechange when I pointed out the statline for the blue whale and someone suggested levitating it and doping it up on K-10.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Sep 18 2013, 04:50 PM) *
I think this got brought up on a thread about shapechange when I pointed out the statline for the blue whale and someone suggested levitating it and doping it up on K-10.

Yeah, that might have been it. smile.gif
Jhaiisiin
Used to have a Troll Lonestar HTR member who's main gun was a MMG named Bubba.
White Buffalo
I had a dwarf once with a pet rock named Ron, he'd take it on missions and even have one sided conversations with it. The dwarf had latent awakening and so half way through the campaign he learned conjuring and then the rock was able to talk to the rest of the team too, much to their surprise.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012