Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skeptics Society - are they still around?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
Was just discussing the Skeptics and wondering... How would they function in the Sixth Age? I'm sure they would still be going around and debunking claims, separating fraud from fact, but I bet it would be a hell of a lot more dangerous. Thoughts?
Sendaz
Tough call.

Randi himself would probably be long gone, already 84 now unless ironically the Awakening rejuvenated him, revealing he was a Talent (oh he would hate that just on so many grounds nyahnyah.gif )

There is still a lot of infighting that without him to sort of guide it and rein in the various groups, they would probably splinter off into subsets.

As for the function, yeah I could still see a definite use for the Skeptics. Magic may be real, but there will be tons of fakes using advanced tech to pull fast ones and they could do well to counter the worst of them.

Plus they were not limited to just busting the mage/psi type, they would be having a field day investigating any critter sighting.

I would think Patterson would have at least one Skeptic along on hunting down the paranormal animals just to help keep a eye on the research.

Aliens would be a new hot topic for them to challenge as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012