Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fake SIN cost modifiers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
IridiosDZ
Ok, I was thinking about fake SINs in regards to the different levels of a real SIN that can be taken as a quality. Currently all fake SINs cost rating * 2500. But what if I wanted a SIN that showed a criminal background as compared to say a corporate exec?

I was thinking of adding a price modifier something like this: fSIN= fake SIN

Criminal fSIN is .8 of listed cost (because there isn't much of a market)
National fSIN is listed cost
Corp Ltd fSIN is 1.2 listed cost
Full Corp fSIN is 1.5 listed cost

paws2sky
That's not a bad idea.

You know, the idea of making the cost of a Fake SIN increase exponentially is appealing to me. Something like (Rating^2 * 500). Cheaper to get the low level fakes (ratings 1-4), but more expensive at the high end (rating 6). With your modifiers, this would probably be just about right. You could buy your "walking around" National SIN for a little less, but if you need a fake to get into a corp, you'd need something higher rating and much more expensive.

Also, because it is idiotic to buy a Fake License at a different level than a Fake SIN, I was considering making licenses/credentials either a flat cost (+500 nuyen) or a modifier (+10%) to the cost of the Fake SIN.

Just a though,
-paws
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012