Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPRs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Koekepan
I'm considering statting up a few rural folks for the benefit of overworked GMs.

Before I get started, I would like to hear opinions on which edition I should use? I have second, third and fourth on hand.
Jhaiisiin
4th or 5th would likely be ideal, as they are the two more frequently used systems here. Maybe some 3rd ed wouldn't hurt either, as I know there are still a lot of us that play that.
NeVeRLiFt
I would go with 4th since it has the most stuff currently out, unless you like 3rd then go with it... cause there is helluva lot stuff out for 3rd. wink.gif

I would give 5th time to cook and mature before switching over to it, the success cap system can easily be house ruled into 4th and if you like you could also get the decks over into 4th, the fact they brought decks back is the only reason I would even consider playing 5th at the moment.
Koekepan
William Julius "Medicine Man" Whitney

Billy Jewel, as he is often called, is a human magician in the sticks. No, not a shaman, but a magician, a gardnerian wiccan. He is a head of a circle, and a powerful man where there aren't many at all. He lives in the NAN lands where the rich pelouse soils give way to the mountains, and there he garners respect even among the shamans of the tribes for who and what he is. Of course, he gives respect too.

BOD: 3
AGI: 2
REA: 2
STR: 4
CHA: 5
INT: 6
LOG: 5
WIL: 6
MAG: 8
EDG: 5
ESS: 6

Initiative: 8

Positive Qualities:Focused Concentration (2), Guts, Magician, Mentor Spirit ()
Negative Qualities:Simsense Vertigo, Gremlins (3), Incompetent (Pilot vehicles of all types)

Initiate grade: 2

Athletics group: 2
First aid: 3
Medicine: 2
Blades: 4
Clubs: 2
Unarmed Combat: 2
Banishing: 5
Binding: 6
Summoning: 6
Longarms: 3
Pistols: 2
Con: 5
Etiquette (Magical): 4
Etiquette (Spirit): 5
Etiquette (Rural): 4
Leadership: 3
Negotiation: 4
Navigation: 2
Survival: 4
Tracking: 4
Counterspelling: 3
Ritual Spellcasting: 6
Spellcasting: 5
Disguise: 1
Infiltration: 4
Archery: 5
Dodge: 2
Climbing: 2
Running: 1
Swimming: 1
Artisan: 3
Assensing: 6
Perception: 4
Arcana: 5
Chemistry: 1
Enchanting: (or the whole group) 5

Billy also has a grab bag of knowledges, and speaks quite a few native languages as well as English. He discovered early on that machines disliked him, but magic liked him, which made it pretty easy for him to choose a career.

Billy is now in his fifties, and has found what he wants to do in life: he wants to research and develop magical skills and knowledge. However, he also realises full well that he can't do this without the resources to supply his research. For this reason he has formed a circle which is not only a magical group but also a sort of agricultural commune. They make and sell fetishes (good quality, no excuses) through various talismongers, but they also are essentially self supporting in terms of food, shelter, water, most basic raw materials and medical care (heavily boosted by magic).
FuelDrop
Rednecks in the 6th world are badass. I mean, Juggernaughts tearing up your farm for tasty snacks is not something to take likely. Paracritters, mana storms, flying sharks, rogue spirits, ecoterrorists, megacorps angling to get their land... they deal with it all without the reinforcements from the corps or government.

If I were going to play a badass normal I would play someone who's been brought up in a remote homestead in the 6th world.
Koekepan
Crazy Carlton

Crazy Carlton doesn't really have any stats worth mentioning. He's a vagrant whose system is so deteriorated by age, privation and lack of care that a determined toddler could fool him and best him in the same quarter hour.

On the other hand, he's as invisible as an ancient tractor gradually rusting in a thicket. Even Knight Errant and Lone Star have pretty much given up on traking him or caring about him as he drifts from farm to forest, from hilltop to valley. He sees things, he hears and he remembers. For an ounce of snuff or a square meal he'll tell anything and everything he knows, to whoever's buying. The words will stumble and slur in a nearly impenetrable Old South drawl between the few broken and discoloured teeth he has left, over his cracked and sunburned lips, but they will come.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012