Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Copying autosofts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thrawcheld
Suppose I'm running two Dobermans and two Roto-Drones, each with an Ingram Smartgun X. With a Device Rating of 3, each can run two autosofts, but they will need different ones (say, Doberman Maneuvering, Roto-Drone Evasion, and Ingram Smartgun Targeting). Also suppose my RCC can only share 2 of these at a time (say, because I need lots of noise reduction), so at least some of them would need their own copies. Would I have to buy a separate copy of each autosoft to run on each drone (so, 4 copies of Ingram Smartgun Targeting 3, costing 6,000 nuyen according to the emergency errata) or could I buy one and copy it to each device?
Jaid
at chargen, you'd have to buy them i think.

if you have the skills and equipment, you (or a hacker buddy that you trust) can likely hack the copy protection within a few seconds of the game starting, though. if such is the case, i as a GM would be inclined to just handwave it and allow you to have as many copies as you want (with the understanding that it is theoretically possible for you to get caught if you're pulled over with all your drones running hacked copies of the autosoft or something like that).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012