Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Firearm pictures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyoto Kid
..hey all, been out of the shadows for a while as I got involved in this 3D CG artsy fartsy drek (crikey, there's 5th edition out now?). Anyway, looking for some detailed pics of both a Yamaha Sakura Fubuki and Ruger Super Warhawk to study for 3D modelling purposes.

Been active on the Shadowrun 2060 and Shadowrun Collection groups over on DA where I have a number of works posted.
DamHawke
Not sure if it's detailed enough but there's an illustration here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ba...stols-and-smg-s along with a bunch-a other guns.
TBRMInsanity
I know this is quite what you want, but to create an image of a firearm, I highly recommend this site:

http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/

I used it to create firearms for my Eclipse Phase site (the Jovian Military).
CanRay
Jane's Guns Recognition Guide is a great source for a lot of firearms. The more futuristic ones have only had the official artwork, of course.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (DamHawke @ Oct 24 2013, 08:53 PM) *
Not sure if it's detailed enough but there's an illustration here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/ba...stols-and-smg-s along with a bunch-a other guns.

...thanks, the images there definitely have much better detail than in the books. The Warhawk looks very good.

The only image of a Fubuki outside of the gear section in my old 4ed rulebook I could find was a fairly crude drawing on DA, not good enough to extrapolate from.

I have a number of different gun props both based on RL firearms as well as "sci fi" ones that work OK for the most part, but nothing that comes even close to resembling the Fubuki. I need to have one for a character scene I'm working on as it is her signature weapon.

I am looking to have an actual 3D mesh created, not just a 2D image.
Mantis
The Fabuki is something similar to the Metal storm pistol. Google shows these images
The biggest difference is the Fabuki features 4 barrels rather than 1. Perhaps you can extrapolate something from that?
Kyoto Kid
...it's not so much the barrel configuration as it is the frame, grip, and fold out stock that is very unique and unlike any existing handgun. I'm actually surprised there is no decent fan art of this weapon anywhere.

Ah, wait a moment, found something on the page that looks promising. It's an eletromagnetic pistol prototype that almost has the same basic lines, save for the folding stock.
Mantis
This one? Or this? They are both images of the Metal Storm pistol idea I was talking about. I don't think finding a picture of a folding stock equipped pistol should be too hard (though I could be wrong). Here is a Glock with one attached that you may be able to use for ideas. Hope these help. And yeah, kinda surprising there isn't art of this rather unique weapon out there already.
toturi
Off hand, I'd say Arsenal, specifically its cover.
Mantis
I guess you mean the old cover with the ork girl on the APC? Is it supposed to be that 4 barrelled thing on the wall behind her head? I hope not cuz no way is that light pistol sized. More like a cumbersome SMG. It's 2/3 the size of the assault rifle right above it.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mantis @ Oct 25 2013, 02:42 AM) *
Or this?

Best gun ever. I want one. Such a nice purple color.

(Serious: the gun you're trying to show is not like the Fabuki at all. The Fabuki has its four barrels stacked one on top of the other).
Mantis
Reread the description of the fubuki please. It says the bullets are stacked in each of the 4 barrels, pretty much exactly like the gun in those pictures I linked to. It doesn't say anything about the barrels being stacked on top of each other. The fubuki is the metal storm pistol by a different name. Same firing mechanism, same method of stacking bullets in the barrel for rapid firing and same 4 barrel configuration.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mantis @ Oct 26 2013, 01:52 AM) *
Reread the description of the fubuki please. It says the bullets are stacked in each of the 4 barrels, pretty much exactly like the gun in those pictures I linked to. It doesn't say anything about the barrels being stacked on top of each other. The fubuki is the metal storm pistol by a different name. Same firing mechanism, same method of stacking bullets in the barrel for rapid firing and same 4 barrel configuration.

You missed the official picture of it too, then?
Here, this'll help: http://s21.postimg.org/b1olkock7/fubuki.jpg
Mantis
Really? How do you conceal it? And why did they (the devs) decide in a game where there are so many guns that look like actual guns with real world examples to go with that that design was a good idea? The gun I linked to is certainly the functional inspiration for the fubuki, never mind what the artist drew and it still looks like a gun. But whatever. If that is the official pictures, then go with it.
Draco18s
I don't either. All I can figure is that either the artist or the writer (or both) were unfamiliar with how bullet storm weapons are actually constructed.
CanRay
QUOTE (Mantis @ Oct 26 2013, 03:23 PM) *
Really? How do you conceal it? And why did they (the devs) decide in a game where there are so many guns that look like actual guns with real world examples to go with that that design was a good idea? The gun I linked to is certainly the functional inspiration for the fubuki, never mind what the artist drew and it still looks like a gun. But whatever. If that is the official pictures, then go with it.
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 26 2013, 03:35 PM) *
I don't either. All I can figure is that either the artist or the writer (or both) were unfamiliar with how bullet storm weapons are actually constructed.
There's a reason we've worked on things like this since the Great Changeover That Noone Should Talk About!
Mantis
But we like to talk about it. It gives us something else to bitch about that isn't the things we are currently bitching about. Don't take away our fun Unca' Canray.
Machiavelli
THIS. From time to time you need new victims, otherwise it gets boring. But donīt be afraid, the old topics wonīt be forgotten. We come back to them if they expect it at last.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 26 2013, 07:59 AM) *
You missed the official picture of it too, then?
Here, this'll help: http://s21.postimg.org/b1olkock7/fubuki.jpg

...that's it. sweet. That should work. Thank you.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 26 2013, 01:37 PM) *
There's a reason we've worked on things like this since the Great Changeover That Noone Should Talk About!

..."This isn't reality, this is fantasy..."

Cdr. Nyota Uhura, Starfleet Command - retired (original cast)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012