Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Year of the comet - Children of the Dragon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Odsh
I'm preparing a run for my players involving the Children of the Dragon and am lacking inspiration, any help would be welcome.

The story takes place at the beginning of Haley's comet arc. I would like to introduce the Children of the Dragon, David Dragonson and Joshua Morningstar to the players before the appearance of Ghostwalker and all the events that ensue.

The setting : several temples of the Children of the Dragon have been attacked by unknown forces over the past days, and each time an object of great value (at least to the order) was stolen: some of Dunkelzahn's talon clippings, displayed in each of those temples on an altar. Only the robbing attempt on the temple on Prince Edward Island failed thus far. The temple's protection was provided by professionals, some of them being ex-Shadowrunners, who suffered quite a few casualties during the attack on the temple. The organization's leaders have reason to believe that they have a mole that was working with the assailants and are beginning to mistrust their own security. The Shadowrunners are hired (by Joshua Morningstar) to reinforce the temple's defenses during the next days, investigate and identify the assailants and, if possible, recover what they stole.

This is where I'm stuck: who would want to steal those talon clippings, have the ressources to organize those thefts on several well guarded temples and, more importantly, why?

We're playing in a few hours, I would appreciate any idea smile.gif
Sendaz
Simpler one: Lofwyr has never liked the idea of Dunkie's will and has ben very proactive in hunting those who have farmed dragons.

As the Children of the Dragon received them from the Will they do not warrant the same level of hunting, but breaking in and taking them back would be in line as they do not deserve them in his eyes.

Course if it is Goldiesnout, trying to talk him out of doing this further may be problematic.

May just be easier having another agency doing this.
Odsh
Making an enemy of Lofwyr by attempting to thwart his plans? I like that smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...letsee. the short list of Great Dragons POed by groups which my characters were unfortunately members of.

Lofwyr
    Hestaby
    Rhonabwy
    Ryumyo
    Lung
    The Sea Dragon

Had this GM with a particular penchant for getting the team deeply involved in the affairs of various GD's. "Retirements" were often quick and early in one's career. Heck I'd rather almost deal with the Humanis Policlub, TT Paladins, a Rogue AI, or even bugs.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Oct 29 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Had this GM with a particular penchant for getting the team deeply involved in the affairs of various GD's. "Retirements" were often quick and early in one's career. Heck I'd rather almost deal with the Humanis Policlub, TT Paladins, a Rogue AI, or even bugs.

Heh, remember one run where it starts off with a meeting with Herr Brackhaus and everything pointed to this one being the legitimate one and not just a random german Johnson.

Opened up with a teaser about the Job and how Lofwyr would be most appreciative.

Looked the Johnson in the eye, just said 'No' and walked out.

The look on the GM's face was priceless.

Of course we were going to take the job, but figured we would try a new negotiating tactic and when I stepped out the Face(who had hatched the plan in the first place) went to work, spinning a tale of woe where we had been burned (monetarily, not physically) by another Dragon recently so we were not keen on taking another losing money run, surely Herr B could understand our position?

Got the upfront money raised a bit along with a few new toys to take along as a sign of good faith to bring us back to the table so to speak. The GM knew we were spinning a line, but we weren't trying to get crazy stupid money and he had been a little lean on the payouts lately so he kinda realized why we were doing it.

Still, the look alone of his face had been payment enough. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012