Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th Edition Drone Hand question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KCKitsune
To everyone here: How much can you upgrade the Drone Hand. The rules say to use the stats of the Aztechnology Crawler, but in Arsenal, you can mod drones to hell and back. My question is, can you do that with the Drone hand?
Medicineman
German Bodytech says that you can upgrade the Sensors but there are no other upgrades possible

HokaHow
Medicineman
phlapjack77
Does the drone hand come with a bod score?

obligatory (OT or not?)
Taranshula
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Oct 28 2013, 03:41 AM) *
German Bodytech says that you can upgrade the Sensors but there are no other upgrades possible

HokaHow
Medicineman

Can you add in any of the normal upgrades to a cyberhand (shock hand, datajack, etc) or does the drone hand replace everything? Also If you upgrade the sensors, can use those sensors when it is attached to your body?

Thanks in advance Medicineman
Medicineman
ImO : You can't add Shockhand ,Cyberarmor or Upgrade the Dronehand as the Dronmehand replaces anything else.
(One of my Chars starts now with a Collection of Cyberhands (like the Villain in Bruce Lees 'Way of the Dragon' ) )
.....oO( DJ on a Cyberhand ? a DJ is Headware IIRC ?!)

Also if you upgrade the sensors, can use those sensors when it is attached to your body?

Yeah, should be possible as you can also use the Sensors of other Drones that are attached or closeby, but only via Comlink. After all the Hand is just a Drone that acts as a Hand when attached

Does the drone hand come with a bod score?

If aattachend to the arm No, if it runs independantly it has the same BOD as the Aztech Crawler

with a crawling Dance
Medicineman
phlapjack77
Found the section on the drone hand in Augmentation, p46:

"The drone hand features sensor and antenna arrays built into the wrist that are activated when the drone is detached and may be upgraded normally. The multifunctional and compact mechanics, however, do not allow further modifications."

So no using the sensors unless the hand is detached, and only sensors / antenna arrays (wtf is that?) can be upgraded.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Oct 29 2013, 12:50 AM) *
ImO : You can't add Shockhand ,Cyberarmor or Upgrade the Dronehand as the Dronmehand replaces anything else.
(One of my Chars starts now with a Collection of Cyberhands (like the Villain in Bruce Lees 'Way of the Dragon' ) )
.....oO( DJ on a Cyberhand ? a DJ is Headware IIRC ?!)

with a crawling Dance
Medicineman

A Datajack can take capacity and therefore be installed into cyberlimbs.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 30 2013, 04:24 AM) *

Pretty sure you can't install anything into a drone hand though, unless it's an upgrade to sensors. See my post above.
Medicineman
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 29 2013, 04:24 PM) *

Yes a DJ takes Capacity, but that Capacity is for the Cyberskull
Hydraulic jacks also take Capacity and I'm quite sure they can't be installed in a Cybereye wink.gif biggrin.gif
I always thought that Headware goes into a Head, Eyeware into the Eye, etc.
IIRC in former editions (2 or 3) you could Install a DJ into the Hand but that was in former editions.
Hey , I don't want to derail the Thread, but ImO its not possible to install Headware in the Body . smile.gif

with a Dance alongside the Rails
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012