Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicago Hockey Team
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kanada Ten
Truman Technologies Promotional Trixcast

Truman Technologies is proud to sponsor the 2064 Chicago hockey team!

Unfortunately, the original Chicago teams were disbanded in 2056. Now, We don't want to reinvent the past! We want to invent the future, just like we do with our new products. 

Truman Tech has always been about giving you the chance to partake in History. So with that in mind, this is you chance to name our team!

Selected entries will compete in a national poll.  The chosen winner will receive a custom sculpted Matrix host, provided by the high quality staff of Truman.

Enter today and enter often.

I'd like some ideas for a hockey team name, specifically a Chicago hockey team.

List your choice for the team name and after a few days, I'll make a poll. I don't know what to offer the winner, so suggestions welcome on prizes, too.

I've named the Brawl teams the Nukes and Swatters, for obvious reasons.

For hockey all I can think of is the Chicago Wall.
Swing Kid
Well, if we can't have the Blackhawks name (Darned NAN), then how about the Bug City Xterminators?
Either way, I'm glad that Chicago is getting back on the ice.
broho_pcp
The Windy City Ghouls?
Nikoli
Bug City Bombers?
Connor
Chicago Containment Zone?
Lantzer
Nah, that's the home fan section.
Smiley
The Orkin Men
Swing Kid
Hey, if any of you Chicago scouts are looking for some fresh talent, come check out our BHL team here in the Barrens, the Redmond Razors. A bit rough around the edges, but they got it where it counts.
Gem the Troll
How about the Chicago Cockroaches? Use the name to suggest a reason to be just a little jittery. Then you can call the home ice, "the Roach Motel."
Kagetenshi
The Chicago Chiggers.

Alternately, the Chicago Exterminators.

~J
Paul
My vote is for the Bombers, but some suggestions of my own:

Truman's Heros

Chicago Samurai

Chicago Crawlers
snowRaven
The Chicago Zoners
Kanada Ten
Very good suggestions. I like the Bombers, also. Truman's Heros makes me think "Hunters" might be good, too.

Chicago Steel
Chicago Abandon
Chicago Concrete or Cement (call the players the Mixers)
Chicago Blast
Chicago Hunters

----

Exterminators
Exterminators
Xterminators
Bombers
Ghouls
Containment Zone
Orkin Men
Cockroaches
Chiggers
Truman's Heros
Samurai
Crawlers
Zoners

The Winds
Rail Splitters
Stun Hammers
Flapping Night Terrors
The Shards (lightning ice shard as the team symbol)
Blizzards
Storm Crows
Slaughter
Hurricanes
kevyn668
The Black Rains.

Its a stretch but like the rain was black after the nuke blasts in Nagasaki and Heroshima. Plus you get a nod to the Blackhawks... smile.gif
Swing Kid
Ooo, I got it! The Chicago Cyberhawks!
Max Denim
QUOTE (Swing Kid)
Ooo, I got it! The Chicago Cyberhawks!

I like it. Has the old Blackhawks feel to it.
kevyn668
I'll sign for the Cyberhawks. Or maybe Chromehawks? Steelhawks? Silverhawks? (okay, that last bit was from an old cartoon...)
Kanada Ten
Cyberhawks is pretty good.

What about The Untouchables?
moosegod
If you wanted to play up the Truman connection...

The Chicago Nukes!
Swing Kid
That's been used for their Urban Brawl team
Kanada Ten
Chicago does like to connect team names though (Cubs and Bears) which is one of the reasons I like the Bombers. But they also like ironic names (Chicago Fire, Windy City).
Swing Kid
The problem with Bombers is that no one wants their team to bomb
Connor
But everyone wants their team to be The Bomb ™
Swing Kid
True, but it would sure give alot of ammo for opposing fans in the stadiums. Every time one of the "bombs" made a mistake on the ice, or if the goalie let one in on his five-hole, the opposing fans (assuming that they are not in Chicago) would be shouting "BOOM!" Could get a little disheartening to an expansion team.
Swing Kid
Oops, the little red face that I put on my last message was intended to be on my post, showing the disheartened fan, not as an angry gesture on my part.
locomotiveman
QUOTE (Swing Kid)
The problem with Bombers is that no one wants their team to bomb

The Bronx Bombers. Question settled.
Swing Kid
True. There is that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012