Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2013, birth date of the "Matrix"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mach_Ten
on a miniscule scale, this kinda struck me as the tiny spark that bloomed into life

app-relays-messages-to-phones-without-internet-cell-reception

all it needs now is to be made loss-less and faster than wires,
then everyone clamouring that corps would never allow this kind of technology to exist
can crawl back inside their tin-foil-lined boxes and hibernate til 2075! wink.gif

okay so that's said with a little amount of tongue in cheek, but ...

thoughts ?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 07:38 AM) *
on a miniscule scale, this kinda struck me as the tiny spark that bloomed into life

app-relays-messages-to-phones-without-internet-cell-reception

all it needs now is to be made loss-less and faster than wires,
then everyone clamouring that corps would never allow this kind of technology to exist
can crawl back inside their tin-foil-lined boxes and hibernate til 2075! wink.gif

okay so that's said with a little amount of tongue in cheek, but ...

thoughts ?

Entertaining Indeed... One more reason not to own a Mobile Phone... smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 11 2013, 03:02 PM) *
Entertaining Indeed... One more reason not to own a Mobile Phone... smile.gif

I was thinking that in areas without infrastructure it would be an amazing benefit

or

in disaster zones where the need to get public information out quickly would be good.

But yes, the inherent risks that some l33t script kiddy could easily turn it to a bot army of doom ..
well, it'd be nice to live in the ideal world where that wouldn't happen, but ...

so yeah, save me some tin-foil ! ...
Sendaz
We have some lovely Italian Coloured Tin Foil in that would be perfect for designer hats. nyahnyah.gif

Paranoid can still be Chic. wink.gif

The bit about the calls being fairly untraceable (short of good old fashion triangulation I imagine) could also lead to some problems in social/antisocial situations. Having anonymous texts from stalkers/hate groups comes to mind or just people wanting to be jerks behind the mask of anonymity, which sadly can all too often happen when people feel they don't or can't be held to account to what they spout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012