Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grid Guide becomes a reality
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Solstice
I can't seem to find the news article so if someone who isn't hung over as hell could find it that would be fragging grand.

The deal:

Automated toll system with gates that automatically open for cars with the proper transponder tags on the windshield. Cameras are everywhere so if you go through the toll system without the proper tag you get a bill at the end of the month biggrin.gif .

I think it was being implemented in Texas so time for me to die now thank. s

dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif
Kagetenshi
This has existed for years in MA.

~J
Solstice
Odd. So I guess it's newsworthy if it happens in Texas? There must be some important aspect that I'm missing in my drunken stupor.

*EDIT* just thought I would also mention: I'm a complete dip shit.
Connor
We've had a similar system in place for years in Oklahoma as well with the toll roads. Although there are no gates that open and close. Just cameras, sometimes the OHP and hefty fines for not stopping to pay the toll if you don't have one of the transponder things.
Zazen
EZ Pass has been around for years here in NY. I hear they're working on one in New Jersey that only makes you slow to 30mph or so. Right now you have to get down to 5mph so you can see the "green light" before going through, and some of them even have gates that you have to wait for.
Connor
The system here in OK works at whatever speed you're going. The toll roads either have a 65 or 75 mph speed limit, and they seem to work fine if you're going above that too. Although since the highway patrol like to sit around the 'gates' most people slow down before they get there. wink.gif
Zazen
QUOTE (Solstice)
There must be some important aspect that I'm missing in my drunken stupor.

Damn, you're sure startin' early.
Solstice
QUOTE (Zazen)
QUOTE (Solstice @ May 2 2004, 12:33 PM)

Not really, it's residual drunkeness that has accumulated over the last 3 days of straight getting fragged up.
Kagetenshi
You did start early. Days in advance, as a matter of fact.

~J
Kakkaraun
QUOTE (Solstice)
QUOTE (Zazen @ May 2 2004, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (Solstice @ May 2 2004, 12:33 PM)

Not really, it's residual drunkeness that has accumulated over the last 3 days of straight getting fragged up.

A man after my own heart!
Cray74
QUOTE (Solstice)
Automated toll system with gates that automatically open for cars with the proper transponder tags on the windshield. Cameras are everywhere so if you go through the toll system without the proper tag you get a bill at the end of the month biggrin.gif .

Yeah, Florida's had that for years, too. "SunPass" saved my sanity. I'd get past all the idiots on a stretch of interstate (what's the saying? anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac?), only to have them all flow past me through the E-Pass lane at toll booths while I farted around in the normal coin/bill booth.

I love those E-Passes.
phaedrus
We even have them (E-tags here) in the land of Oz... Of course you do have to dodge the kangaroos, koalas and Bunyips.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012