Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Black Mamba
Does anyone out there have a copy of Kage, Volume 1 Issue 3 from the First Quarter of 1992?

I'm trying to obtain a copy of a list of survival tips that I believe appeared in said issue.

I think the title of the article was "Sprawl Survival."

It'd be really skippy if someone could post the list here. Some of my early players found it extremely helpful.
Prime Mover
Vol 1 Issue 5
Laws of Combat (lots of variations on this theme floating around)

1. If the enemy is in range so are you.
2.Incoming fire has the right of way.
3. Don't look conspicuous it draws fire.
4. There is always a way.
5. The easy way is always mined.
6. Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
7. Professinals are predictable--it's the amateurs that are dangerous.
8. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions.
A. When your ready for them.
B. when your not ready for them.
9. Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
10. If you can't remember, the claymore is pointed at you.
11. The enemy diversion you've been ignoring will be the main attack.
12. A "sucking chest wound" is natures way of telling you to slow down.
13. If your attack is going well you've just walked into an ambush.
14. Never draw fire it irritates everyone around you.
15. Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.
16. Make it rough enough for the enemy to get in and you won't be able to get out.
17. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver then yourself.
18. If your short of everything but the enemy, you're in a combat zone.
19. When you've secured an area, don't forget to tell the enemy.
20. Never forget your weapon is made by the lowest bidder.

Prime Mover
I miss Kage, still have NPC's, Critters and Orgainizations in my long running game from early Kage.
Even some gear from early Kage like hypo doc and granite plates my players were still using in 4thed.
Black Mamba
Thanks, Prime. You just made my day. biggrin.gif
hermit
You wouldn't be willing to scan, pdf, and upload your Kage, collection, would you, by chance? Pretty pretty please?
Prime Mover
Not sure if would need permissions, most Kage still in good shape, paper quality for first few was pretty cheap and starting to turn. Later ones had glossy cover and thicker paper.
hermit
I don't think you'd need permission there, as long as you don't do it commercially it should be covered by fair use?
KarmaInferno
"Fair Use" includes short snippets for purposes of marketing, review, or discussion.

It never covers posting entire articles or works, except in specific cases like a teacher copying articles for a classroom. Profit or no profit.

That said in most civil copyright lawsuits, damages are at least partly determined by how much economic impact the infringement caused. In this situation, you would be hard pressed to prove that the subject has much commercial value anymore.

There might be fines from the criminal side of the court, though.

This is assuming that Topps and Catalyst care enough to go to court. They might, you never know. At the very least, they might worry about the Trademarks involved since those have a "protect it or lose it" aspect in the US.

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012