Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For the Coast to Coast A.M. crowd...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
baron_samedi
I have wondered, if magic, metahumans, paranormal animals and even dragons roam the earth these days, why not add other things. if only to provide a McGuffin for your players to chase (and provide endless frustration) for extra paranoia?

After listening to "Coast to Coast A.M." off and on for almost 20 years, it seems like a treasure trove of gaming ideas.

The best part is, none of it has to be real. A team gets hired by a spooked out nut, too scared or lacking the skillset to investigate something (that he only caught a brief glimpse of) and...
if written decently, the team/players are left with just enough to make them think it's possible.

If ya don't want aliens pr UFOs, keep it to other conspiracies. Ya got the Illuminati, cults, Stepford Wives communities, all kinds of other things to just play with when you are between full campaigns, but want a short and enjoyable side quest.

I'll give an example that inspired this:
I heard an author on C2CAM talk about his book detailing strange disappearances in the national parks here in the U.S. the strange elements were that some of the vanishings were seemingly impossible (like the case of a child that disappeared in a open field less than 100 feet from his parents) and that the Park Service over the years has repeatedly been uncooperative with any of these cases, going as far as to not even report some of them.

Why? what are they worried about? what is the cause of these? gets the juices flowing, doesn't it?

at first, i thought that all the supernatural elements in SR would dilute this too much. But, a mystery is a mystery and some people just gotta know.
attilatheyeon
I like it! If i start running a game i'm def gonna do this.
pbangarth
Cool resource. I hadn't heard of this. Thanks!
Daddy's Little Ninja
interesting idea. weird blue lights in the woods and all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012