Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about 5th hacker and commlink
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
evilgoattea
Could a hacker that has marks on a commlink device that they do not own, lets say max amount of marks,3, use a snoop command to activate the camera and recording devices on it to gather Intel on whomever may have it? I did try a search for this and could not find it, if there is a thread about this please point me in that direction. Thanks.
Machine Ghost
The Control Device action SR5p238 would activate the camera. A simple action I think, needing only a single mark. Note however that the owner of the device is likely to notice that change in state in their own matrix view. Also, turning the camera on does not send what it sees. That would probably be a Snoop Action.

An alternative would be a Spoof Command action to turn it on. Command it to save the stream to a local file, then use an Edit File action to get a copy.

Other variations possible. Spoof Command to Send Message to open a live feed from the camera to yourself.

If the owner is logged in, any of this is likely to be noticed quickly.
evilgoattea
Thanks for the response!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012