Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Spirits Can't Fly
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
j2klbs
The rules say that creatures that can fly have the Flight skill listed. Fire spirits have the skill but air spirits do not. So, apparently, fire spirits can fly but air spirits cannot?

I'm assuming this will be fixed in the errata when it comes out. Any word on when that might be?
FuelDrop
QUOTE (j2klbs @ Jan 3 2014, 04:59 PM) *
I'm assuming this will be fixed in the errata when it comes out. Any word on when that might be?

When's the next anniversary?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jan 3 2014, 10:27 AM) *
When's the next anniversary?

oi, that was very cynical!
i am sure they will implement some form of errata before . . pffbwahahahahahahaaaaa . . sorry, i can't type this with a straight face ^^
Bigity
Does the german side have errata yet? smile.gif
Sendaz
Only Hydrogen and Helium elemental variants of the air elemental family can fly, being lighter than air, however the hydrogen ones tend to catch fire easily and get reclassified as Fire then. nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Bigity @ Jan 3 2014, 03:39 PM) *
Does the german side have errata yet? smile.gif

Probably. i care so little about SR5 that i never even tried to get my hands on a copy somehow.

edit:
according to a thread on the official german boards, at least two thirds of the found english errors seem to have been corrected.
in the FIRST german printing, mind you.
the official german errata thread is for the 2nd printing already.
Neraph
Does 5th still have the rules that Spirits can travel in any 3 directions they want like 4th did? In that case, Fire spirits could fly but couldn't use the Fly skill to get extra movement like running, just as in 4th Ed.
Sengir
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 3 2014, 04:30 PM) *
Does 5th still have the rules that Spirits can travel in any 3 directions they want like 4th did? In that case, Fire spirits could fly but couldn't use the Fly skill to get extra movement like running, just as in 4th Ed.

Its physical body is not subject to gravity—though most spirits stay close to the ground because that’s where all the action is (p. 301 f)

My German copy indeed no longer has the Flight skill for any spirit, but given the above I'd rather call that trimming unnecessary stuff than errata.
Bigity
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 3 2014, 08:57 AM) *
Probably. i care so little about SR5 that i never even tried to get my hands on a copy somehow.

edit:
according to a thread on the official german boards, at least two thirds of the found english errors seem to have been corrected.

Urge to kill rising...
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Bigity @ Jan 3 2014, 07:39 PM) *
Urge to kill rising...

it'd be a shame for you to go to jail though.
kzt
QUOTE (Bigity @ Jan 3 2014, 11:39 AM) *
Urge to kill rising...

CGL is planning on doing the errata release at next Gencon. For $45 in hardcover. nyahnyah.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 3 2014, 09:57 AM) *

edit:

Who prints Shadowrun in Deutschland, and how can we get Catalyst to just sell the license to them?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jan 3 2014, 08:37 PM) *
Who prints Shadowrun in Deutschland, and how can we get Catalyst to just sell the license to them?

Pegasus Spiele.
And yes, that would be my preferred way of handling things too . .
Maybe we could even get Frank and Bobby back on board with that change <.<
Medicineman
its Pegasus Games and maybe , if You Kickstart enough Money.... ?
I Cherish that thought

He Who dances with a Pegasus
Medicineman
Bigity
QUOTE (kzt @ Jan 3 2014, 12:59 PM) *
CGL is planning on doing the errata release at next Gencon. For $45 in hardcover. nyahnyah.gif

SR6? The...New Year of Shadowrun 2014?
kzt
QUOTE (Bigity @ Jan 3 2014, 02:23 PM) *
SR6? The...New Year of Shadowrun 2014?

SR5.01: The Corrected Version.
Did you ever see the tattoo on hot rod/motorcycle builder Jessie James's hand?
Machiavelli
I would spend money for that change. Just tell me where to transfer it....
Fatum
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 3 2014, 10:55 PM) *
And they say they accept USPS packages, hmmm?
kirtimlak
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 5 2014, 07:34 AM) *
And they say they accept USPS packages, hmmm?

Slow down - g-men are reading it and watching you typing...
Fatum
And? I'm with the govt.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 6 2014, 04:53 PM) *
And? I'm with the govt.

But are you one of the Men in Black?
Stahlseele
If he's good, he's one of the Men in Grey.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 7 2014, 07:48 AM) *

Those frackin' aliens again... *sigh*
kirtimlak
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 7 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Those frackin' aliens again... *sigh*

Are there any in SR by the way?
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 7 2014, 09:48 AM) *

Ooh, Shadowrun/Mage: The Ascension crossover! cool.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (kirtimlak @ Jan 7 2014, 10:42 AM) *

If they are, would they tell you? eek.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (kirtimlak @ Jan 7 2014, 06:42 PM) *

There is a dragon skeleton on Mars, but that story has not been revisited for ages
Fatum
Someone also stole that Mars expedition for a few days. So there is SOMETHING out there.
Sengir
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jan 7 2014, 07:56 PM) *
Someone also stole that Mars expedition for a few days. So there is SOMETHING out there.

Right, forgot about that episode
Neraph
I still like the idea that Mars isn't covered in iron rust - it's naturally-formed orichalcum. Evo's keeping it a secret because it'd cause unknown upheaval on Earth were word to get out about it. Also, since it's orichalc, Mars has a stable manasphere without having to have biological entities.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 8 2014, 09:27 AM) *
I still like the idea that Mars isn't covered in iron rust - it's naturally-formed orichalcum. Evo's keeping it a secret because it'd cause unknown upheaval on Earth were word to get out about it. Also, since it's orichalc, Mars has a stable manasphere without having to have biological entities.

Interesting Idea...
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 9 2014, 12:27 AM) *

Wouldn't that make it glow like a star on the astral plane if anyone ever looked up?
Stahlseele
Not quite i'd say.
There is, after all, the hugely no magic zone of space in between . .
So even if you did try to see it using astral perception, that's a straight -12 to even seeing it at all i think?
Sengir
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 8 2014, 11:29 PM) *
Not quite i'd say.
There is, after all, the hugely no magic zone of space in between . .
So even if you did try to see it using astral perception, that's a straight -12 to even seeing it at all i think?

Depends on how such a void works when just looking through it without either source or destination actually being in it. Straight off the bat I'd guess it's transparent, but magic can be funky...
Stahlseele
As far as i remember, the dead zones are inky blackness like in descriptions.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 9 2014, 08:04 AM) *

This. They aren't necessarily opaque, but they aren't clear either.
Sengir
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 9 2014, 02:04 PM) *

Mana warps are described as alternatively chaotic swirls of color or pitch black holes. But I couldn't find describing how opaque a complete void is. You could argue that a huge nothingness can't block LOS, but astral space might also work like the old ether hypothesis, i.e. there needs to be some medium (in this case mana) to transmit the "light".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012