Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what are some fun diseases in the 6th world?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
child of insanity
I've got a character who recently got dragged face first through a whole bunch of blown apart Shedim. Some new, most old. He was unconscious at the time so it got into his everywhere wink.gif He also has a weak immune system. He's already contracted VITAS once, what are some other ones he might get through this experience?
Moirdryd
The obvious one of course is HMHVV
Brazilian_Shinobi
And VITAS. Don't forget VITAS.
There's variants of Ebola too and while might not be so hype, cholera is still a very prominent disease in the slums.
Chimera
What about a different disease? Something that isn't VITAS or HMHVV. Could be all kinds of things, an awakened form of botulism or tuberculosis. Or something really new, like a new type of venereal disease. Epididymus Inflammatory Virus (EIV), commonly known as Goblin Balls. Characterized by painful swelling of the male reproductive organs, eventually leading to necrosis of the affected tissue. Most commonly seen in lower-income neighborhoods among promiscuous metahumans with little-or-no sexual disease education (e.g. orks and trolls).

Depends on how evil you want to be to your PCs I guess.
Moirdryd
I smell Humanis Propaganda! wink.gif
Mantis
Augmentation has some lovely new diseases in the back. Such things as herpes simplex 5 otherwise known as the male period or else Aura Deficiency Syndrome along with the usual suspects like the flu or malaria. Starts on page 131. Your GM can use those as examples and get creative from there.
child of insanity
Now to convert it to SR3, and I'm golden. I like the Goblin balls idea, and the 'male period', especially considering he's a bit of a whore... but the question is would those still be in the body after death and being rotten for about a year?
also, it says currently incurable, but does that include magical cures? no mass producible cure?
Mantis
I guess that is up to you but all Cure Disease does in 4th ed is add dice to the resistance test. It doesn't actually remove the disease. So if the character gets enough hits to resist the disease, he is cured.
As for whether a given disease would still be in a dead body, sure, why not. There have been cases of people getting sick from dormant diseases before like with smallpox for example. Not sure just how long something like that is contagious for, but since any given disease in SR can be magical and just waiting for a host, that may not even matter.
Daddy's Little Ninja
Well that means he can get a cure but would suffer from it before he can find someone either a mage or a doctor. but I would think herpes or mumps could lead to all sorts of interesting problems. Malaria maybe?
Sendaz
While not a disease, maybe an mutated form of Toxoplasma where the infected PC loses any sense of fear/caution or similar could be fun.

Not sure what sort of character it is, but if it is mid level combatish and suddenly he goes charging past the Sammy makes for fun if brief scenes.

Think Jack Putter from Innerspace when he believes Tuck (who is absent due to the French kiss) is boosting him internally for the fight with the Mook. Great scene....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012