Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OoC] [SR4] CSI: Seattle 2072
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Koekepan
This is intended to be a topic thread for the OoC discussion and management of my campaign based around a group of public employees charged with the solemn duty of investigating crimes and accumulating evidence for the benefit of the community at large, and the prosecutorial service in particular.

The team leader (NPC): Cal
Current team members:

Julia Elder - Information forensics
Jim Svendsen - Medical forensics
Cadwgan ap Hywel - Magical forensics

Two more team members should be shortly forthcoming as per prior arrangement.

Background events: the team has gathered substantial evidence on the notorious Akata murder on Queen Anne hill, and is starting work on other cases, while expanding under Cal's leadership.

Typographic conventions:
Oral communications
Electronic communications
Internal monologue

Organisational convention:

I may, in the interests of keeping things moving, announce a deadline, after which the story shall move on, and unresponsive characters shall be presumed to be carrying on doing just what they were doing hitherto. Example:

RL Deadline: 15 January 2014
Ziathra
Hi, folks! Ophelia Kent the psych profiler reporting for duty!

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Attribute-like stuff
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledge and professional skills
[ Spoiler ]

Active skills
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Resources and gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Quark O'Doom
Jim Svendsen checking in. Delighted to be here.
Koekepan
Excellent!

Any chance you could post your sheet as it stands?
Quark O'Doom
I shall blindly imitate Ziathra's categories and formatting, with a bit of make-believe in there. Significant spoilers, of course, as one does.

Jim Svendson
Sawbones, preferably post-mortem (but we can get there if need be)
Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Attribute-like stuff
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Active skills
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Resources and gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
( -or- The Simplified Version That Doesn't Explain Everything And May Perhaps Raise More Questions Than It Answers)
[ Spoiler ]
amylolytic
Cadwgan ap Hywel here.

Magical forensic investigator and general people-person.

Attributes

[ Spoiler ]

Knowledge/Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Resources and Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Koekepan
Looking good so far.
chiatomato
Julia Elder reporting for duty. She may have had a memory wipe and personality change smile.gif Details forthcoming.
Koekepan
I have added the IC thread for this campaign. I encourage Julia and the fifth player to add their statistics to this thread, and then to jump in with merry abandon.
Happy Noodle Boy
background
[ Spoiler ]
Happy Noodle Boy
Rael Peterson Crime Scene investigator (specialization: reconstruction) signing in.

concept and stats
[ Spoiler ]

Skills and Languages
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

magic
[ Spoiler ]

Equipment

[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle
[ Spoiler ]
chiatomato
Julia (Jude) Elder

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Attribute-like stuff
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Active skills
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Resources and gear
[ Spoiler ]

Background
( -or- The Simplified Version That Doesn't Explain Everything And May Perhaps Raise More Questions Than It Answers)
[ Spoiler ]
Koekepan
Excellent, all here.

Chiatomato, you can post as soon as you feel the urge. As soon as HNB and Ziathra post, I'll do a post where Cal unites the team and adds a few more directives and explanations.
Koekepan
I recommend that players chew over their data bones here, asking me questions concerning what they'd know of the circumstance, context, legal and physical environment and so on.
Koekepan
Jude or Jim could tell Cadwgan with minimal research that a clone tank doesn't take that much energy once set up - less than a vacuum cleaner. It's the sterile environment and monitoring which is a pain.

Cadwgan's watcher has already wandered off - presumably it found nothing, but he can set up another one and send it on its rounds.

Make sure to let me know who goes to which venue. Credentials for entry at both locations would be wirelessly provided. The Knight-Errant guard over the scene at West Ruffner would be cranky, but cooperative. The people at Binogen will be professionally courteous, and anxious for it all to be quietly settled.

Jude would find that there are a fair number of drones at her disposal, mostly of a utility type. One of the most interesting ones from the investigative points of view is called the PNWTO, and it is designed with flexible limbs equipped with gecko tape and suckers so as to be able to walk on ceilings and light fixtures above crime scenes and examine them without contaminating the scene. Another one which is of some interest is called the TapirCraft, and it has six legs with narrow feet which can avoid stepping on evidence, while pushing out a sampling head to examine and take samples of trace evidence.

Both of these drone types are loaded with vast arrays of sensors, as well as banks of sample vials and bags, and she can requisition up to three of them.

Interfacing directly with security systems? That she'll have to take care of herself.
Koekepan
I'm reliably informed that Ziathra is ill, which will delay responses from her.
Ziathra
I'm still coughing and choking, but my doctor swears the pneumonia is going away, so I may manage something now and again.
Koekepan
Jim's information conclusion is that the clone body was forced to maturity, which meant that from inception to maturity took around six months given empty tissue matrices suitably seeded, possibly as much as a year. Since that this body has been active for at least six months, and probably more like two years or more, to judge by the state of the soles of the feet, skin and so on.

The PANless largely stayed in the house, very rarely leaving, as Jude discovers.

Mason Farnor is a man of independent means, and socially active habits. He is a regular of various artistic circuits, and apparently a member of several quite exclusive and fairly private clubs. To all appearances, an eligible bachelor to make the daughters of executives swoon.

Eliza Chatworth-Gleason is a very expensive, highly reputable lawyer. She has her own firm, in which she's apparently the only lawyer although she employs a small staff of paralegals and secretaries.

Xeria Voynia is a lady of good family who apparently has no job other than to find an eligible bachelor, according to the lights of her family. She's very highly educated, with a doctorate in psychology, but shows no sign of ever having put it to remunerative use.
Koekepan
Jim discovers after checking all the power access points, and finally looking at the power intake to the house, that he can not see how he could power a clone tank in this building at all. Clone tanks take a lot of power, for pumps, for sanitation, for computing, for nutrient management, for ancillary environment management, and that also puts a burden on the environment in which they are - they put off a lot of heat. There's no clear way in which these things
could have been powered in this building.

And that's not even covering the piping, the nutrient stores, the ... yeah. Nobody's ever been running clone tanks in here. Never.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012