Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Familiars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pendaric
OK here's the pitch, I have a cat inhabiting familiar in my game.

Should said tom cat familiar given the natural urges of its host- mate with a mundane house cat what would their progeny be?

A no off spring, why?
B mundane kittens?
C awakend cat paraspecies
D Other.
E spirit type thing?

I have made decisions for my story relating to certain free spirits being able to mate with meta humans per cannon but pitch in and list you thinking if you have an angle please.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
C or D: Blackberry Cat. smile.gif Just Because. eek.gif
Stahlseele
Mundane Kittens.
Spirits don't procreate.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 7 2014, 02:06 PM) *
Mundane Kittens.

Because the magic gene doesn't always inherit (see: cloning).
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 7 2014, 08:18 PM) *
Because the magic gene doesn't always inherit (see: cloning).

Because it's a SPIRIT INHABITING A MUNDANE CAT.
The CAT IS MUNDANE.
The SPIRIT IS A SPIRIT.
There IS no magic gene in there.
Sendaz
D. Other ---- Thundercats!

Try and tell me Cheetara wasn't using a movement power. nyahnyah.gif

Plus some legends hint that what we call weres were descended from a spirit forebearer.
Stahlseele
so she's a horse-shaman, big deal.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 7 2014, 02:37 PM) *
The CAT IS MUNDANE.

Ergo its offspring will have the same probability of being magical as everything other cat. Being inhabited doesn't suddenly turn on your magic genes, or make your sperm magical, or anything else.
Pendaric
Just fyi there is a cannon character on the board of the DIMR that had a immortal elf mother and cough horror father. Please take this into consideration too.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Pendaric @ Jan 7 2014, 10:21 PM) *
Just fyi there is a cannon character on the board of the DIMR that had a immortal elf mother and cough horror father. Please take this into consideration too.

No possession mentioned anywhere.
Also, the rules do not apply to them.
DMiller
I'm with Stahlseele, normal kittens (with the normal chance of an awakened in the mix). The "host" in mundane and this does not change due to being inhabited by a spirit.
naga-nuyen
My 2-cents, an awakened Aardvark named ALF who then places the cats in the microwave...... Um I mean D smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012