Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drakes and Dragonspeach
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pendaric
I could not find this with search so do you feel that Drakes can learn and use Dragonspeach?

IF so, in what forms and can they learn the innate detection spells too?
Draco18s
I don't see why they couldn't learn it.

As for detection spells, I didn't know those had a vocal component.

(Either way: pick up sign language if you're going to play an eastern drake--or Mind Net--that way you can communicate with your team)
SpellBinder
By RAW, drakes can learn Dragonspeech. Runner's Companion, page 76, "Dragons or other drakes that possess the Dragonspeech power (p. 303, SR4A) may teach drake initiates the ability as a metamagic technique."
Pendaric
Thanks I dont have RC SR4a so that is nice simple answer. Cheers.
CitM
Drakes can learn Dragonspeech and there is a optional rule which allows them to learn detectional spells but only with category "psychic" i think.
I remember a drake had spells like for example: Passenger, Combatsense and a spell he could detect enemy foes with.

And as we talk about drakes i remember there was another nice optional rule i liked, wich allows drakes to learn a new elemental attack like ice, wind or lightning. I think it was 15 Karma but dont ask me where to find it.
Sendaz
QUOTE (CitM @ Jan 13 2014, 11:23 AM) *
And as we talk about drakes i remember there was another nice optional rule i liked, wich allows drakes to learn a new elemental attack like ice, wind or lightning. I think it was 15 Karma but dont ask me where to find it.

You are thinking of the optional rule on pg 76 in the Runners Companion.
QUOTE (pg 76 Runner's Companion)
The default elemental effect for a drake’s
Elemental Attack power is Fire. However, drake
characters may switch their Elemental Attack to a
different elemental effect, including those listed on
pp. 164–165 of Street Magic by paying 15 Karma. This
new elemental effect is permanent until the character
decides to pay another 15 Karma and change
it again.

So yes, they can change it, but they can only possess one effect at a time.

So your chromatic and not metallic. (yes, that is D&D trivia) wink.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jan 13 2014, 03:15 PM) *
So your chromatic and not metallic. (yes, that is D&D trivia) wink.gif

Imagine if a drake could breath-weapon someone to sleep... Or deal negative levels...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012