Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger Love?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
j2klbs
Hi Bull,

Some of the examples in the core rulebook suggest that drones should be able to be augmented. It seems that the Pilot Program could be increased since there is the section on how you can't copy a pilot program from one drone to another (p. 269). The example on p. 184 has the rigger having upgraded his drone's Sensor rating from 3 to 5. I know in SR4 (Arsenal) drones could be augmented to make them more survivable.

What do you think about putting some campaign rules in place to increase some of the drone attributes/armor until such time as the rigger supplemental book arrives?

~Jason
binarywraith
Probably not something to expect, given that they haven't managed to hammer out actual base rule errata and corrections yet, and likely won't before the splatbooks start landing.
DrZaius
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jan 21 2014, 10:12 AM) *
Probably not something to expect, given that they haven't managed to hammer out actual base rule errata and corrections yet, and likely won't before the splatbooks start landing.

I wouldn't agree necessarily. They've released a few mini-splatbooks (the assassin's guide, coyotes) that suggest they've got a parallel development going. Is it likely they'll add more on riggers before errata? No, but it's possible.

-DrZ
binarywraith
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 21 2014, 10:00 AM) *
I wouldn't agree necessarily. They've released a few mini-splatbooks (the assassin's guide, coyotes) that suggest they've got a parallel development going. Is it likely they'll add more on riggers before errata? No, but it's possible.

-DrZ

Yeah, but at least one of those splatbooks has had the same editing and proofing propblems as SR5. I haven't read Coyotes yet, but Gun Heaven is... well, going to need errata. Badly.
Bearclaw
Unashamed thread necro smile.gif
A year later, no rigger love. Maybe Bull could answer a question. If it's too specific, that's cool.
What does it take for a PC to add rigger adaptation to a vehicle. It's a simple mod, and in SR4 it was a hardware test with a threshold of 6.
I have a missions character with a VCR but no vehicle budget. My idea was to buy the hardware, steal what I need and mod on the fly. But as there is no official rule, this could get ugly.
DWC
Rigger adaptation is a 1k upgrade with an Availability of 4. In the absence of any rules to the contrary, it seems safest to assume you can only do it during downtime.

The ad-hoc, on the fly rigger idea seems like it'd work a lot better as a technomancer, since you can get into any vehicle, jam a Machine Sprite into it, and do amazing things behind the wheel.
Bearclaw
Machine sprites don't have a skill for operating vehicles. So at best, they could slightly improve the auto pilot.
My first thought was TM, just for that reason, but if the sprites can't drive, it's kind of a waste of time.

edit> I'm going to move this part of the discussion to the main board in this thread
Koekepan
Sometimes, when two riggers love each other very much ...

they get a little extra cyber, and rig each other's bodies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012