Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting traditions from 4th ed to 5th
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
attilatheyeon
Ok so i'm interested in converting some of the traditions from 4th ed to 5th. How difficult do you all think that will be? I'm most interested in having an intuition based tradition.
DeathStrobe
Not very. The magic rules only got a few tweaks to it. So I can't think of any tradition that wouldn't almost be an exact copy/paste from SR4.
attilatheyeon
Hmmm, i figured. Course most of the traditions will have to be changed as the new spirits haven't made it into 5th ed. And we don't know exactly what they will be.
RHat
For the most part, you can probably use the old traditions as written, but using SR5 versions of the powers - unless you have reason for expecting a change. Worst comes to worst, you just implement the change when you need to.

Even possession traditions can probably be used easily enough (though they're nerfed by the change to augmented maximums and damage, but that's not exactly a problem).
attilatheyeon
Ok, i'm gonna try to talk the GM into letting me use a modified version of the Egyptian tradition. Spirits of man instead of guidance and no possession. I hope she goes for it.
RHat
Don't see why you can't use possession and Guardians largely as written for SR4, myself - don't think Guardian spirits even use any powers not defined in SR5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012