Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happens if a decker jacks in and there's already an active alert?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
child of insanity
I'm about to have one of my deckers jack into a facility and there's already an active alert set off outside the matrix. I'm assuming that means that there's a red alert when he gets in, but is his security tally all the way up to red? If so, does he just get swarmed with IC? He's jacking in using the security deckers's jackpoint and deck, but doesn't have the passcodes beyond what's on the deck itself if that changes anything. So... help?
Bigity
Well, the question is if the red alert from the meat world triggers a passive or active alert on the matrix node.

If so, the alert would be active, so TNs would be increased, but no IC would launch based on the security sheaf steps as his tally would be zero.

And I thought passcodes were stored in the decks themselves so as far as the system would care, he is the security decker. My memory is a little fuzzy there.
Warlordtheft
Depends, it could be on red alert or just heightened alert. Also, is the host connected to the rest of the matrix, if so, more security deckers may be in virtual route.

Suggestion, make sure you spend a few nano-seconds on the security deckers deck and use it. It should have all the access codes to be considered a legit user.
child of insanity
I was under the impression they also had other types of passcodes that weren't stored on the deck specifically for this type of occurrence. But thanks
Pendaric
FYI theres two types of pass codes in SR3 terms for decker slang, the one your thinking about is a hardware unit that syncs the deck with the host PLTG and lets it work on it.

The other codes are your typical biometrics, passwords etc, these can be spoofed with Access tests on the matrix and electronics if on the sec deck itself.

Personally I'd go with a passive alert, sec deckers and increased TN's mean the actions he should not be taking will rack up his sec tally. Remember he is a legit user only till he starts decking/hacking out side his user priverlages. He wont be sysop and you can find the lists in Matrix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012