Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicago info
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tarus Kirk
Which books have the latest info on Chicago, looking for help to flesh out the city's background for when running missions.
Daier Mune
Feral Cities (SR4) I believe.

Bug City is an awesome setting - had a lot of fun in it.
Tarus Kirk
Thanks, my potential players don't know much of the bug city history thankfully smile.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
And remember, live in Seattle once, but leave before it makes you hard and live in Chicago once, but leave before it turns you into a bug.
Daddy's Little Ninja
How can you even think of going to a city that does not have real pizza?
binarywraith
If you want to go even further back, one of the earliest SR novels is set in Chi-town, back before Bug City was even a thing. Changeling, by Chris Kubasik covers the exploits of a late-awakening troll from 2039 to 2052. One of the absolute best resources for how late goblinization looks from the inside, too.

Important notes are the Sears Tower being bombed by Alamos 20k, resulting in the Second Chicago Fire and creating the Shattergraves section of the resulting mid-town Barrens known as The Noose.
Bull
All Chicago sourcebooks are available as PDFs through Drive-thru.

Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America - 2050 Chicago (Plus New York, Atlanta, and a couple other locales).
Bug City - What the name implies. 2053 Chicago.
Target: UCAS - Chicago, Boston, and New Orleans. Covers the "end" of the Bug City storyline. 2056.
Feral Cities - Chicago and a couple others I'm blanking on right now. 2070 Chicago.

Also the novels 2XS (Set in 2050 or '51) and Burning Bright (2053) are set in Chicago.

bannockburn
QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 18 2014, 01:57 AM) *
Also the novels 2XS (Set in 2050 or '51) and Burning Bright (2053) are set in Chicago.

Yay on the latter, nay on the former.
2XS is set in Seattle, as is the Universal Brotherhood storyline on which it is build.

Although Montgomery is in communication with a Chicago based Johnson somewhere in the book, IIRC.
binarywraith
Burning Bright's mostly in Hawaii, isn't it?
bannockburn
You're thinking of House of the Sun
binarywraith
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jan 20 2014, 01:48 AM) *
You're thinking of House of the Sun

Indeed I am. Been a while since I re-read those.
Bull
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jan 19 2014, 02:48 PM) *
Yay on the latter, nay on the former.
2XS is set in Seattle, as is the Universal Brotherhood storyline on which it is build.

Yeah, I'm getting my titles confused. I meant Changeling, which had already been pointed out.
Curator
yay i'm reading all those books right now! though i put down the house of the sun though, all the Hawaiian folk lore was just giving me a headache
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012