Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ratings on Arrows.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AndrosDeragon
Hey All, I've been going though the rules (and on chummer) on why do arrows have rating on them? Because I couldn't find anything that said that the rating of the arror must be the rating of the bow.

The reason why I am asking this because apparently a rating 1 arrow is only 2 nuyen per arrow yet a rating 8 arrow is 40 nuyen arrow with counting the special arrowheads.

Futhermore what does a Rating 8 arrow do to anyway? It is just an arrow or does it have something special to it?
SpellBinder
SR4a (last printing), page 316 in the entry on bows: "Calculate base damage using the lower value of the bow rating or the arrow rating."
AndrosDeragon
So if i use 8 rating bow with a 7 rating arrow, i will calculate the damage based on the lower rating? Also this brings up another thing. When it says the damage value of the arrow can equal to 1.5 of the bows rating?

also thank you SpellBinder
SpellBinder
Yup, you're looking at an older printing of the SR4a book (which also lets bows go up to Rating 12, not 8 ). The last one doesn't mention the x1.5 damage limit at all. Chummer goes off of the last printing.
AndrosDeragon
Thanks again SpellBinder. That does explain a lot of things.
Neraph
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 29 2014, 01:40 AM) *
Yup, you're looking at an older printing of the SR4a book (which also lets bows go up to Rating 12, not 8 ). The last one doesn't mention the x1.5 damage limit at all. Chummer goes off of the last printing.

So wait, is the 1.5x damage errata standing, or was that errata'd out the window?
SpellBinder
I'd say it was errata'd out the window.
Neraph
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 3 2014, 10:43 AM) *
I'd say it was errata'd out the window.

vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012