Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 5th edition and Shadowrun Returns nominated
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Larsine
On the geek (BoardGameGeek, RPGGeek and VideoGameGeek) both SR5 and SRR have been nominated for Golden Geek Awards 2013.

You need an account on the geek in order to vote, but it's free.

SR5 have been nominated in:
RPG: Game of the year
RPG: Best artwork and presentation

SRR have been nominated in:
Video game: Best visuals/artwork
Video game: Best indie game
Video game: Most innovative game

You can vote here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1116727/20...s-announced-vot
Abschalten
Haha, yeah. I heard about this absurdity, too. SR5 being nominated as "Game of the Year" is a matter of very questionable taste. It reminds me of (being vague as not to get too political) very dubious Nobel Peace Prizes being given out -- it cheapens the significance of the prize itself and makes the awarding body look like idiots.
apple
QUOTE (Larsine @ Feb 4 2014, 04:31 AM) *
SRR have been nominated in:
Video game: Best visuals/artwork
Video game: Most innovative game

Waitwhat?

SYL
hermit
Someone on their nomination body must REALLY love Shadowrun to bits.
Brazilian_Shinobi
Shadowrun Returns is a great game, but then to put as innovative and best visuals/artwork. Sir, you make me laugh.
Not trying to belittle Shadowrun Returns, far from it. But I can think of a lot of other games who really made inovations and had great artwork.
Hell, if it was for Shadowun 5th edition as best pictures on the book, then I could even go for it as there are some really good pictures on that book.
Curator
heh they totally use the best pictures of 4e books and put them in the 5th. 5th is totally awesome artwork though
Larsine
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 4 2014, 09:08 PM) *
Someone on their nomination body must REALLY love Shadowrun to bits.

I think that goes for many of the nominations. Call of Cthulhu 7th edition is also nominated, and it's not even published eek.gif
Grak
I loved Shadowrun Returns art style to bits. My vote is behind it.
binarywraith
QUOTE (Grak @ Feb 6 2014, 08:46 PM) *
I loved Shadowrun Returns art style to bits. My vote is behind it.

I loved it, but it's sure as hell not innovative. It's a straight-up homage to the 16bit SR videogames.
Grak
Agreed, the game-play wasn't innovative or all that hot. I have no idea why the game made it to that category at all.
Larsine
QUOTE (Grak @ Feb 7 2014, 07:16 AM) *
Agreed, the game-play wasn't innovative or all that hot. I have no idea why the game made it to that category at all.

Because it's nominated by fans. It's the same in most of the other categories.
Shinobi Killfist
Innovative basically just means you copied something unexpected.
Larsine
And the winners are selected: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/113052...ds-winners-2013

Shadowrun Returns won the "Best Indie Game", even though it's surely not as indie as many other games these days.
Hocus Pocus
i saw the 5th edition book, ack 60 bucks? I picked it up and leafed through it ready to buy it, but for some reason it was not groin grabbingly interesting as the previous ones. Wrestled with it for about 10 minutes then decided to put it back on the shelf. Dunno if I'll buy it.

binarywraith
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Mar 5 2014, 11:31 PM) *
i saw the 5th edition book, ack 60 bucks? I picked it up and leafed through it ready to buy it, but for some reason it was not groin grabbingly interesting as the previous ones. Wrestled with it for about 10 minutes then decided to put it back on the shelf. Dunno if I'll buy it.

The PDF is up on RPGDrivethrough for around $20. I definitely wouldn't lay out for a hardcopy edition just now, there are major misprints and errata that haven't been corrected.
toturi
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Mar 6 2014, 01:31 PM) *

Be sure to recommend whatever next grabs you by the balls. Books or games, I mean.
Sendaz
QUOTE (toturi @ Mar 6 2014, 03:25 AM) *
Be sure to recommend whatever next grabs you by the balls. Books or games, I mean.

Actually that is how I found my first ex nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012