Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A character quandry
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kesendeja
One of my players was wanting a character who used skates, but the question applys to most of the man powered vehicles, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles and the like.

1. What skill is used to work on the vehicle.

2. In the case of roller skates, what skill is used for them.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
1 - Automobile? Mechanics would be what I would go with.
2 - Athletics.
Smash
roller skating?

There's no reason why the skill list is definitive and when you have skills like parachuting and diving I would think it's own skill would be appropriate.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Smash @ Feb 4 2014, 04:00 PM) *
roller skating?

There's no reason why the skill list is definitive and when you have skills like parachuting and diving I would think it's own skill would be appropriate.

You could go that route too but I think that Athletics could cover it Quite Nicely.
Though yeah, now that I think about it, it is a Group, not a skill... Hmmmmm...
Sendaz
If you get the skates with wifi enabled, they can pretty much skate themselves nyahnyah.gif
SpellBinder
Arsenal, page 62, Inline Skates. Doesn't mention any skill at all, but an Agility + Reaction test if ever there's a reason a character might fall over.

As for a skill, since skates modify your Walking/Running rate then the appropriate Athletics skills would be used (Running if you want more speed, Jumping & Gymnastics for various stunts, etc.).

For a bicycle I'd put it as Pilot Ground Craft for some stuff (like a motorcycle), but again Running if you want to go faster.
Neraph
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 4 2014, 05:49 PM) *
Arsenal, page 62, Inline Skates. Doesn't mention any skill at all, but an Agility + Reaction test if ever there's a reason a character might fall over.

As for a skill, since skates modify your Walking/Running rate then the appropriate Athletics skills would be used (Running if you want more speed, Jumping & Gymnastics for various stunts, etc.).

For a bicycle I'd put it as Pilot Ground Craft for some stuff (like a motorcycle), but again Running if you want to go faster.

The German books have a skateboard listed right next to the skates, for the same price and rules.

I don't know that I'd make a bike Pilot (Ground Craft), but I can see the reasoning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012