Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better uses of SR skills
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sendaz
Sure you could hack Ares to get their shipping schedule for an upcoming run to snatch a new prototype, or you could use your Trace programs to do THIS and call in a team strike on those annoying telemarketers.

Which would be more satisfying?

With that in mind, what sort of non-traditional uses of your SR skills spring to mind that while not necessarily rake in huge money, still caters to some part of you deep down?
Drace
Computer &hacking - make public and secured AR and data in nodes be related to Mylittlepony.

Hacking - hack node for subway/skytrain. Have the brakes apply themselves in time with te beat of a popular song.

Gymnastics + cat fall and wall running adept powers/magic - jump off buildings after making a scene to simple walk away after casually

Jump in - take over roombas around the metroplex and have them move to random bear impossible areas of houses. Different rooms every time. Then get all the roombas in a house to go out into the streets and form a pattern, spinning around and making random sounds at once.

Hacking - make all soykaf dispensers add (insert most horrible flavour in dispenser )flavour to coffee

Computer/hacking - edit error messages to mock user
CanRay
QUOTE (Drace @ Feb 7 2014, 09:31 PM) *
Computer &hacking - make public and secured AR and data in nodes be related to Mylittlepony.
ShadowBronies scare me.

Hacking - hack node for subway/skytrain. Have the brakes apply themselves in time with te beat of a popular song.
Just don't drop the bass/fright train. wink.gif

Gymnastics + cat fall and wall running adept powers/magic - jump off buildings after making a scene to simple walk away after casually
Parkour!

Jump in - take over roombas around the metroplex and have them move to random bear impossible areas of houses. Different rooms every time. Then get all the roombas in a house to go out into the streets and form a pattern, spinning around and making random sounds at once.
One word: Pong.

Hacking - make all soykaf dispensers add (insert most horrible flavour in dispenser )flavour to coffee
So, SoyKaff-flavoured SoyKaff?

Computer/hacking - edit error messages to mock user
This really doesn't need to be done. The users that are scared of error messages are mocked more than enough.
SpellBinder
How about changing a log-in prompt to state there's a PEBKAC error upon boot, and no button for logging in?
attilatheyeon
How about using leadership or con to get the troll tank to get me a beer wink.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (attilatheyeon @ Feb 8 2014, 02:35 PM) *
How about using leadership or con to get the troll tank to get me a beer wink.gif

I thought those were standard uses?
CanRay
QUOTE (attilatheyeon @ Feb 8 2014, 02:35 AM) *
"Mungo gahtz da bear." "ROAR!!!" "And the mystery of the zoo break-in is explained."
Sendaz
*sigh* Beer, NOT Bear..

Though where did you find a mug big enough to stuff that into? eek.gif

*note to self: Do NOT order the Draft Bear, it looks mad*
attilatheyeon
Hmmm, draft bear. That sounds... Tasty?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Feb 8 2014, 10:04 AM) *
*sigh* Beer, NOT Bear..

Though where did you find a mug big enough to stuff that into? eek.gif

*note to self: Do NOT order the Draft Bear, it looks mad*

Mongo not too bright...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012