Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now... Pink Mohawk makes sense
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Draco18s
http://meariver.tumblr.com/post/7775217907...rfeyneednoshoes

Shadowrun fashion makes a whole lot of sense now.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 5 2014, 10:01 AM) *
http://meariver.tumblr.com/post/7775217907...rfeyneednoshoes

Shadowrun fashion makes a whole lot of sense now.

Awesome find! thanks for sharing it.
psychophipps
Of course, the opposite effect can also become true. One person in ten thousand that doesn't scan sticks out like a sore thumb as well.
Draco18s
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Mar 4 2014, 09:53 PM) *
Awesome find! thanks for sharing it.

Was actually forwarded to me by someone in my gaming group, just that he doesn't have an account here and it needed to be reshared.

QUOTE (psychophipps @ Mar 4 2014, 10:19 PM) *
Of course, the opposite effect can also become true. One person in ten thousand that doesn't scan sticks out like a sore thumb as well.

It's more like using a web proxy. Traffic to and from a web proxy are suspicious, but it's not possible to connect the input to the output.

If you don't always dress in such a fashion then when you do rob a place, you won't be recognized.
Grak
Reminds me of the NAN runners from 1st ed.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Pretty cool - Thanks for linking. smile.gif
garner_adam
The irony is the more individualistic and radical one looks the more difficult it is for a machine to accurately identify the individual.
Draco18s
QUOTE (garner_adam @ Mar 5 2014, 10:48 AM) *
The irony is the more individualistic and radical one looks the more difficult it is for a machine to accurately identify the individual.

Oh its rife with irony. You are so unique you cannot be uniquely identified. wobble.gif

(Essentially: the computer can't even tell that you are a "face" that it needs to recognize...)
Sendaz
Which is why one should never turn everything over to a machine.

They can do the job they are made to do if things stay within prescribed limits.

Making that extra leap when things go astray from the given guidelines still takes a mind.

Brazilian_Shinobi
That's extremely cool. I'm totalling sharing with my gaming group.
Umidori
I'll stick with the old standby, thanks. wink.gif

~Umi
Draco18s
QUOTE (Umidori @ Mar 6 2014, 09:36 AM) *
I'll stick with the old standby, thanks. wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I've seen that movie and I do not remember that scene at all.
Umidori
The Fifth Element for those who don't click through, and it's one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.

The entire movie itself is brilliant on so many levels - I wish Luc Besson still made movies like that. I also wish Mathieu Kassovitz (perhaps best known for his role in Amélie) would play more bizarre characaters like the mugger.

~Umi
Draco18s
QUOTE (Umidori @ Mar 6 2014, 09:49 AM) *
The Fifth Element for those who don't click through, and it's one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.

I'm going to add it to my watch list, because I have this vague notion that I only saw the ending.

...Damn my list is getting long.
Umidori
It should be on Netflix, and various other reasonable accessibly locations. Watch it TONIGHT. You won't regret it. biggrin.gif

Then, come back and tell us what you thought!

~Umi
Draco18s
QUOTE (Umidori @ Mar 6 2014, 07:05 PM) *
Watch it TONIGHT.

Maybe over the weekend sometime. I've got Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated queued up right now.
Brazilian_Shinobi
Also, they have multipass, provided to you by NERPS™
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012