Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cover image
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ThatPaolo
Apparently, when you click on delete topic, the topic gets deleted for good. And that would be ok, if that was the action you wanted to do. Or at least, the action that you were supposed to do. But when you just want to move a topic to a new forum and select "Delete topic" and press "Ok" and then look dumbfounded at the screen saying "No topics", well... sorry smile.gif
Fortune
Oops! biggrin.gif
KosherPickle
QUOTE (ThatPaolo)
Apparently, when you click on delete topic, the topic gets deleted for good. And that would be ok, if that was the action you wanted to do. Or at least, the action that you were supposed to do. But when you just want to move a topic to a new forum and select "Delete topic" and press "Ok" and then look dumbfounded at the screen saying "No topics", well... sorry smile.gif

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I got really confused.

In any case, the picture for those who haven't seen it yet. It's not the official cover, but cool nonetheless.
Synner
FYI - Last I heard the cover will be some evocative original art done by Marko Djurdjevic.
Pistons
Silly Paolo. smile.gif
kylleran
Actually Klaus Scherwinski is going to be doing the cover art.
JongWK
About SoE:

a) While the cover art is great, I just don't get the "feel" it is uniquely European.

b) The last "s" of "Shadows" is slightly off. In fact, it looks like Sh-adow-s.

c) The red "of Europe": so-so style indifferent.gif

d) One way or the other, I'll still buy it nyahnyah.gif

e) FASTER! FASTER!
Ronin Soul
The cover feel isn't really European I agree. Shadows of Tir na nOg maybe (yes I know that is European technically but I'd rather something from the continent, which is most of Europe after all). I always thought something of Berlin or Paris would be good. Something involving the Arc de Triumph maybe. I think part of the problem is that the picture concentrates on a character when it's a setting book (so something more of a panorama type picure, like on SONA).
KosherPickle
QUOTE (JongWK)
About SoE:

a) While the cover art is great, I just don't get the "feel" it is uniquely European.

Gah! It's not the real cover!
Adam
Okay. For those of you who don't understand why there's this "fake" cover and why it looks like it was put together in 30 minutes, here's why:

The regular book trade market requires a book to be solicited four months in advance of the shipping date. The hobby trade requires three months advance.

So, in January, you have to come up for the cover for books scheduled to be released in May. Often, you don't have the cover art ready for them, and layout/design probably hasn't been started yet. So, a piece of old art is used, and someone quickly throws together a mockup cover. Sometimes this person is the guy that does the regular covers, sometimes it's not - I did the mockup covers for MRLBB and Running Wild, simply because I was spending some time in Chicago hanging out and Rob needed the covers done quickly. Total time to do two mockup covers: About an hour. The Running Wild one is particularly horrid, but I was in a hurry. smile.gif

The mockups are usually done quickly because, well, they don't have a big impact on sales, and spending a lot of time working on them is time better spent on other projects.
Fortune
QUOTE (Adam)
I did the mockup covers for MRLBB and Running Wild...

So, where can we get a glimpe of those 'mock-ups'?
Adam
When the books are added to the website, which should be very shortly for MRLBB. Running Wild isn't scheduled for 2003, so it won't be on the site yet.
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Adam)
So, a piece of old art is used, and someone quickly throws together a mockup cover.

And sometimes the SSG cover mockup is correct, but the final cover is ugly.
But it's only my opinion frown.gif
Toa
Just btw, the mockup cover for Shadows of Asia can be seen here. smile.gif
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Toa)
Just btw, the mockup cover for Shadows of Asia can be seen here. smile.gif
Toa
Damn, missed that. wink.gif But it's nice to see that pic in color - was one of my favorites in Corporate Download.
Abstruse
I like the chibi guy in the upper right corner of the SotA: 2064 "cover" nyahnyah.gif

The Abstruse One
Nath
When thinking about it, that SOTA:2064 "cover" could have make sense as the cover ofr Mr Johnson Little Black book.
Adam
The art on the MJLBB mockup cover - available here is the final art, btw.
Nath
The two small bits in the upper left corner are those of Shadows of North America though wink.gif
Sepherim
Ain't the artwork for MrJLBB a little "too futuristic"?
Adam
No. smile.gif
Toa
Adam:
Is the cover text also the final version? It laps the picture border.

Here's the cover in a slightly bigger version - again with that "chibi guy" (enjoy, Abstruse biggrin.gif).

BTW, why is it MRLBB and not MJLBB?
Adam
Is the cover text also the final version? It laps the picture border.

No - it's just a quick mockup that I did one day so the book could be solicited.
BTW, why is it MRLBB and not MJLBB?

Rob's idea. Don't blame me. smile.gif
Pistons
Heya Adam - on the sell sheet for the website, it should be suit vs. suite.
CloneAdam
Fixed. Again, blame Rob. wink.gif

Also, new SOE mockup cover posted. It uses the final art, and a slightly modified version of the cover text. However, the cover art suffered a very poor CMYK-> RGB conversion [In layman's term, Printer colours to Screen colours] so it looks kind of washed out. Hopefully we'll have the final final cover along soon.
lorg
The new SoE looks really nice.
Synner
Wow, Klaus did an impressive job!

Btw - Adam, you might want to update the SoE blurb to the one on the sell sheet. No biggie, since it's only slightly different and makes a reference to my hometown grinbig.gif.
CloneAdam
Next you'll have me lifting cinderblocks! wink.gif

I'll try and remember to do so tonight; my SO is in town and I'm trying to spend as little time as possible chained to the computer.

[Oh, I cannot wait for my new PowerBook to arrive. Here, my precious, come to daddy...]
Toa
Mockup Cover Alarm! biggrin.gif

Loose Alliances
Running Wild
Adam
Ah, the joys of doing mockups while Rob and Kevin are standing behind you waiting for you to finish so everyone can go to lunch. smile.gif
JongWK
The LA mock cover would be a fine real one, except for the title fonts. Do you use generic ones?
Adam
I didn't do the LA mockup; I did the final MJLBB mockup and the Running Wild one. I use whatever font is appropriate for the effect i want to achieve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012