Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, I feel like a dumbass
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
Context:
I am writing up a cheat sheet for matrix work and I need to know who wins if a hack on the fly check equals the defenders roll?
bannockburn
Usually the defender. I think, the only exception is a touch-attack, IIRC.
Which situation exactly do you have in mind, and is it SR5?
FuelDrop
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Mar 10 2014, 09:07 PM) *
Usually the defender. I think, the only exception is a touch-attack, IIRC.
Which situation exactly do you have in mind, and is it SR5?

sr5, decker gets 1 hit on hack on the fly defending camera gets 1 hit. Working on an example for my cheat sheet.
bannockburn
General rule for opposed tests (emphasis mine)
Note that Opposed tests do not list a threshold. That’s because in an Opposed test, you are trying to generate more hits than an opponent.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Mar 10 2014, 09:55 PM) *
General rule for opposed tests (emphasis mine)

awesome. Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't entirely sure what with the glancing hits rule in combat ect.
bannockburn
I'm not entirely sure, though. Haven't studied 5th enough to give a really confident statement. There may be exceptions, and it wouldn't surprise me.

SR4A had the following to say about the matter:
When making an Opposed Test, both characters roll their dice pools and compare the number of hits they score. The character generating the greater number of hits achieves her goal.
In the event of a tie, the action is typically a stalemate, and the characters have to choose between continuing with another test or withdrawing. If the gamemaster needs or wants a result on a tie, then rule in favor of the defending character.
Moirdryd
Aye, in an opposed test the aggressor has to beat the defender to get a result unless it specifies otherwise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012