Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combat pool calculator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Smash
Shadowrun (even 5th Ed) has a crazy amount of combat modifiers and it is very hard to keep track of them. I tend to use a laptop for roleplaying games so I decided to make an excel calculator for it that asks you questions and calculates your final dice pool.

UPDATED 17/3/2014

Features
*Damage track and modifiers
*Modifiers for attacker's movement
*Environmental modifier calculations such as range, visibility, glare and wind
*Environmental modifiers steps (so if your 2 biggest environmental modifiers are -1 then it becomes -3; 2 at 6 become -10, etc
*Gear modifiers for environmental modifiers (e.g using ultrasound will reduce your visibility and light level penalties to 0 at 50 meters (or less) but does nothing at 51 meters.
*Range penalties calculated on weapon types (i.e Light or heavy pistol; SMG, etc)
*all smartlinks and laser sights are implemented (I think..) and it matters whether their wireless is on or off
*Aiming actions are implemented, as well as the way they interact with Willpower and image magnification.
*Recoil compensation for strength added and progressive recoil implemented.
*Added a purdy picture to make it all Shadowrunny. Cleaned it up and protected sheet. The password is 'Shadowrun' if you want to edit it or play around with it.

Assumptions
1) Recoil simply counts bullets fired. Every time you enter your variables you get a bullets fired (since last reset at the top of the screen. Enter this into the progressive recoil field for your next IP unless you reset recoil (adding an 'Aim action' will ignore the progressive recoil field)
2) You are only using 1 weapon and only benefit from 1 laser sight/smartgun system
3) Implementing individual weapons could be done so damages calcs and defense modifiers can be reported. This doesn't outwardly appear to provide enough benefit to warrant the extra work.

This is a work in progress, it may not be perfect and some of the nerdier of you out there might find the logic hideous, but I'm only a casual excel user so be nice smile.gif. Link below:

Thanks to DMiller for fixing some of the formulae smile.gif

Shadowrun Combat Pool Calculator
DMiller
Pretty cool. I did notice that the Visibility modifier didn't seem to be responding correctly. I adjusted the formula in cell C19 as follows:
=IF(OR(B25="Thermographic Vision",AND(B25="Ultrasound",B18<=50)),VLOOKUP(B19,Sheet2!A42:G45,7,FALSE),VLOOKUP(B19,Sheet2!A42:G45,5,FALSE))

That seems to have cleaned it up.
Smash
QUOTE (DMiller @ Mar 17 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Pretty cool. I did notice that the Visibility modifier didn't seem to be responding correctly. I adjusted the formula in cell C19 as follows:

=IF(OR(B25="Thermographic Vision",AND(B25="Ultrasound",B18<=50)),VLOOKUP(B19,Sheet2!A42:G45,7,FALSE),VLOOKUP(B19,Sheet2!A42:G45,5,FALSE))

That seems to have cleaned it up.

Thanks for the feedback.

That doesn't seem to work either because it just makes ultrasound the same as thermo. I think I may have deleted part of the logic for that. Good pick up though. I'll try and fix it.
Smash
This seemed to have fixed it:

=IF(B25="Thermographic Vision",VLOOKUP(B19,Sheet2!A42:G45,7,FALSE),IF(AND(B18<=50,B25="Ultrasound"),0,VLOOKUP(B19,Sheet2!A42:G45,5,FALSE)))

Gonna play around with recoil a bit now smile.gif
DMiller
Don't Thermographic and Ultrasound (at 50m or less) do the same thing?
Smash
QUOTE (DMiller @ Mar 17 2014, 05:42 PM) *
Don't Thermographic and Ultrasound (at 50m or less) do the same thing?

lol, yes they do. I misread that the first time around.
DMiller
Found another minor one...

Change D16 to:
=(IF(B15="",0,IF(B16="Yes",VLOOKUP(B15,Sheet2!A26:C29,3,FALSE),VLOOKUP(B15,Sheet2!A26:C29,2,FALSE))))
Smash
QUOTE (DMiller @ Mar 17 2014, 07:21 PM) *
Found another minor one...

Change D16 to:
=(IF(B15="",0,IF(B16="Yes",VLOOKUP(B15,Sheet2!A26:C29,3,FALSE),VLOOKUP(B15,Sheet2!A26:C29,2,FALSE))))

Awesome! Will update link soon. Just tinkering with recoil so it is easier to track.
Smash
Updated. See 1st post for link, etc.
DMiller
QUOTE (Smash @ Mar 16 2014, 07:10 AM) *
Thanks to DMiller for fixing some of the formulae smile.gif

Heh, no problems. If you don't mind I'm going to poach your work and add it to my blank character sheet for my group. With a bit of tweaking I think it would make a nice addition to the automation that is already in my sheet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012