Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Yamaguchi-Gumi has a Posse!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
Ever wanted to know what your loveable neighbourly crime syndicate is up to nowadays?
lok no further!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/...-website-yakuza
Than their official website!:
http://zenkokumayakubokumetsudoumei.com/index.html
complete with a "contact us!" button . .
Sendaz
Yakuza have always held a weird position in Japanese society, often regarded as semi-legitimate organization.

So the website does not really surprise me.
Mantis
And they hired Web Designers from the 90s to take care of the design.
Umidori
QUOTE (Mantis @ Apr 6 2014, 02:10 PM) *
And they hired Web Designers from the 90s to take care of the design.

What could be more Cyberpunk than that? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
Curator
We are a complete amateur in regard homepage. I think whether there is also a part somewhat unsightly. Please forgive.
Come and have a point of notice something please e-mail .
For inexperienced, it may take some time to reply.. Please forgive.

bottom of the page after google translate
Ixal
Considering that several terrorist organizations have more or less official sites I am not all that surprised.
BishopMcQ
Curator -- you may want to add [quote] markers around the material that you quoted from the website. Just in case someone misreads the message and thinks you are saying it yourself.
Sengir
AFAIK there are even fanzines for the major organizations and their more famous members...
CanRay
QUOTE (Umidori @ Apr 6 2014, 05:12 PM) *
What could be more Cyberpunk than that? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
1980s era CGI Cyberspace Scenes. cyber.gif
Mantis
So Curator, they are saying if you want to work for the yakuza as a web designer they have an opening? You could make like a yak hacker... a real life shadowrun with the chance to .... ummm make their site look nicer?
Umidori
You do not deal with the Yakuza. They aren't dragons, but it's still a terrible, terrible idea.

~Umi
Sengir
QUOTE (Umidori @ Apr 13 2014, 09:04 PM) *
You do not deal with the Yakuza. They aren't dragons, but it's still a terrible, terrible idea.

...especially considering that typing with missing fingers must suck badly biggrin.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 14 2014, 11:26 AM) *
...especially considering that typing with missing fingers must suck badly biggrin.gif

notworthy.gif
Wakshaani
I'm reminded of this particular bit of awesome:

http://boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

I confess that I'm *terribly* tempted to drop them an email and talk about interviewing them for when I need to write Yak stuff, but that would probably end badly.
Glyph
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 14 2014, 07:26 AM) *

Noooo!! Not my left pinkie! I need that for the Shift key!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012