Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyber Limb Devices
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
cpcarrot
How do you work out how much space a built in device takes up in a cyberlimb that isn't on the table... I'm talking about things like pocket secretaries, skillsoft jukeboxes and non headware memory... I can't seem to find how you work that stuff out...
RedmondLarry
It's up to the game master to decide how large equipment is, for equipment that is not in the Equipment Capacity Table (M&M p. 36).

One ECU is 50 cubic cm, or about the size of a stick of butter in the USA.

I have a fairly large cell phone by today's standards, about the size of a stick of butter. Your GM can decide, any way he likes, how large other equipment things are. Any pocket secretary will need a display, so you might consider it to be about the size of a modern-day PDA.

SR3 p. 295 says an optical memory chip is 2 x 3 x 1 cm. At 6 cubic cm, it's a little larger than 1/10th of an ECU by itself.
A Clockwork Lime
Pocket Secretaries are just cellphones on crack. It has the same Concealability (cool.gif as one but weighs half the weight (0.5kg vs. 1kg). It's like comparing the new cellphones coming out today to the ones from five years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012