Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sensors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shortstraw
I haven't ever played a character that vehicles are important to so I don't really know which sensors are the most useful. So with a standard vehicle sensor array what should I fill it with?
psychophipps
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Apr 23 2014, 08:46 AM) *
I haven't ever played a character that vehicles are important to so I don't really know which sensors are the most useful. So with a standard vehicle sensor array what should I fill it with?

I consider low-light and thermographic to be the basics. Any others are just gravy, IMO.
Warlordtheft
Okay, this is one of those YMMV things depending on how the GM handles the sensors. If they go the averaging route, keep it to just some rating 6 cameras with low light and infrared. Skip anything else.

If they go with the use most applicable sensor rating (what I tend to do), add to that radar, some microphones and such.
Sengir
(Since you ask about "which sensors", I'm assuming you don't just average over the Ratings)
- Vision and Audio Enhancement for the microphone/camera are obvious choices, who doesn't like bonus dice?
- Ultrawideband Radar, really too good for what it costs
- Radio Signal Scanner is my personal favorite, rumor has it that quite a few people run around with wifi equipment...
Neraph
I have a notepad document with a lot of pre-generated gear in it. The only listing under "Vehicle Sensors" is the following:

Standard
[ Spoiler ]
Shortstraw
So no motion sensors or cryptochromic or MSOS or other weird stuff?
Sengir
Motion sensors: Congratulations, you detected that the world moved relative to your drone. Certainly useful when the vehicle just sits somewhere, but not in general wink.gif
The new sensors/senses from SG: When Cthulhu tried to understand the rules for those, HE had to check for sanity loss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012