Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen Souls preview
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sengir
From the mothership: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2014/04/s...r-stolen-souls/

Another "Deep Shadows" book, so plot + setting + equipment...I still believe they shouldn't have resurrected the SR3 concept of spreading equipment through dozens of books, but TPTB obviously think it was great fun to track down that piece of equipment.

On the other hand, a book centered on extraction missions sounds like an interesting premise. I mean, extractions are one of the quintessential cyberpunk scenarios and their existence is often pointed out in fluff, but I always felt anything besides "extractions happen" got badly glossed over. Consider me interested
psychophipps
Sounds like it might be interesting. I'm not getting too fired up as I have yet to see anything impressive in SR5 yet.
Bull
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 25 2014, 08:29 PM) *
Another "Deep Shadows" book, so plot + setting + equipment...I still believe they shouldn't have resurrected the SR3 concept of spreading equipment through dozens of books, but TPTB obviously think it was great fun to track down that piece of equipment.

It actually sucks and we all hate it pretty badly. Unfortunately, history has shown that Location-only books and Job-only splatbooks sell like drek and are not financially feasible anymore. Splitting the focus allows for these books to have a broader sales appeal and thus, hopefully, sell enough books to pay for the writing and printing.

Sadly, while I don't know the sales figures, judging by general reception, seeing how many get sold at cons, and my general gut instinct... I'd say these are still one of the weaker selling products CGL produces, even with all that. Probably the only thing that sells less are adventures.

[Redacted] to play nice.
Larsine
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 26 2014, 07:21 AM) *
Probably the only thing that sells less are adventures.

So speaking of adventures. When will we see some more SRM adventures?
Samoth
It is insane that they don't prioritize getting the magic/matrix/rigging/companion books out as soon as possible.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (Samoth @ Apr 26 2014, 05:23 AM) *
It is insane that they don't prioritize getting the magic/matrix/rigging/companion books out as soon as possible.

I'm okay with it. I like some setting books to also help set the world, and see what's going on in the living campaign. So I'm fine with a mix of book styles. Anyway, Stolen Souls has been in the pipeline for a while now. So I can't imagine it'll be more than 3 months away. While Street Grimoire is probably more than half a year away.
Sendaz
Plus do not be in such a rush to see the rigging expansion because 6th edition comes out 2 weeks after the Rigging book gets released. nyahnyah.gif

Teasing....

okay, you can put that pipe wrench down...

I said I was joki- ow!

owowowowow
Bull
QUOTE (Larsine @ Apr 26 2014, 03:46 AM) *
So speaking of adventures. When will we see some more SRM adventures?

They're back in the pipeline, and 5-2 just came back from layout for proofing. I had some health problems, and had to take a few months off, so that really crippled production. Things should speed up and get moving again now that I'm back (more or less. Still not 100%, but well enough).
Sendaz
Sorry to hear you were poorly and hope you are back to full health soon.

I recommend 1 part Rum and 2 parts Orange juice as the drink of choice during recovery.

Probably does not help much directly, but keeps one mellow enough not to mind it. wink.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Samoth @ Apr 26 2014, 02:23 PM) *

It would be insane, since the core books are the big money makers, but just because this is the first cover to be released it does not have to be the first book in the pipeline

@Bull:
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 26 2014, 07:21 AM) *
Sadly, while I don't know the sales figures, judging by general reception, seeing how many get sold at cons, and my general gut instinct... I'd say these are still one of the weaker selling products CGL produces, even with all that. Probably the only thing that sells less are adventures.

Well, that might be due to the format, or maybe also because of the books themselves, which were all pretty bland (OK, one definitely stuck out, but only if you acknowledge its existence)

...whereas this announcement made me think "yep, there's a lot to be said on that topic, it's supposed to be an extremely common job, sounds interesting", even before the doubtful voices chimed in wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012