Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FDA approves the use of cyberware in humans
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Draco18s
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0...140509?irpc=932

Not the best link, but I'm on my tablet, so I'm a little limited at the moment.

But still, the FDA approves the Luke Arm.
Curator
oh boy i hope reincarnation is real so i can be reborn in 2070 when this shizz is common play
Ryu
The FDA said the robotic arm could be used by people with limb loss occurring at the shoulder joint, mid-upper arm or mid-lower arm, but not at the elbow or wrist joint.

I wonder if people with limb loss occurring in the wrong spot will consider cutting a bit more off, starting the "essence-be-gone"-movement. Having a hand at the end of your arm seems way superior to a wrist sans hand.
binarywraith
That's been a thing as long as we've had medical science enough to produce even crude prosthesis. It's entirely common to rework an amputation site to get a better base for a prosthetic, especially for mid-limb amputations.
SpellBinder
Now to figure out how to add more stuff to it, like a watch or a smart phone.
Draco18s
A friend of mine showed me a video of the guy picking up eggs and moving them from carton to carton. (I don't have a link off-hand, he brought it up on his computer). It wasn't terribly fast, but he was able to do it.
DeathEatsCurry
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 11 2014, 08:41 PM) *
Now to figure out how to add more stuff to it, like a watch or a smart phone.

Bluetooth, for the real life wireless bonuses!
SpellBinder
QUOTE (DeathEatsCurry @ May 11 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Bluetooth, for the real life wireless bonuses!
Stupid Wireless Bonus: Automatically grabs your phone and answers it regardless of who is calling you.
Jaid
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 11 2014, 08:17 PM) *
Stupid Wireless Bonus: Automatically grabs your phone and answers it regardless of who is calling you.

still makes more sense than some of the official wireless bonuses. i mean, at least it doesn't enable FTL communications somehow. that's gotta count for something.
bannockburn
Is this on your radar?

https://www.ted.com/talks/hugh_herr_the_new...climb_and_dance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012