Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Articulated Weapon Arm
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Uli
Augmentation p. 43
Articulated weapon arms require a cybertorso to be installed and a Simple Action to be readied.

It is a little unclear, I think. In 3rd ed., it was possible and without any concealability the implant would be very problematic to say the least.

As it appears, hiding an external mount seems definitely impossible. frown.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Uli @ May 28 2014, 07:24 AM) *
It is a little unclear, I think. In 3rd ed., it was possible and without any concealability the implant would be very problematic to say the least.

As it appears, hiding an external mount seems definitely impossible. frown.gif

An Articulated Weapon Arm REQUIRES the Torso for the Mounting Points. The Weapon Arm itself is NOT hidden in the torso, however.
pbangarth
Maybe if you removed a few organs, the arm could have a recessed slot into which it could fit. wink.gif
SpellBinder
Or add 10% to the nuyen cost, call it modular, and get a friend to help you attach it to your back when you need it.
pbangarth
Good idea.
Stahlseele
SR3 had the articulate Arm retractable.
Non-Retractable:
0,00 Essence
110k Nuyen

Retractable:
1,00 Essence
200k Nuyen

Both close to impossible to actually obtain with availability 12/24 Days
And requires a permit because it's 2P-R(estricted)
Udoshi
I think what you want is some variation of the easy break down (arsenal) or disassembled(spy games) mod, a pilot upgrade l1 that can spend the actions to unfurl itself.

Going the other direction, you could just make extra room for it within the cybertorso itself. A specially designed smuggling compartment could do the trick, but you may need multiple ones: some combination of a slide for the gun itself, bulk mod to fit everything, or a large smugglin compartment.
Stahlseele
The Cybr-Limb Holster from Robocop for the Arm to pick the Gun out of?
JesterZero
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 28 2014, 11:22 AM) *
The Cybr-Limb Holster from Robocop for the Arm to pick the Gun out of?

Points for style. Especially if while it does that you just stand there with your meat arms crossed like a boss. wink.gif
Stahlseele
i still prefer the predator style tracking weapon mount on the shoulder personally. . .
or hell with it, go with a smart firing platform with gecko tips that you can put on and off at will and it still works if you take it off!
SpellBinder
Too bad the Lockheed Arachne is a bitch to get a hold of (Availability 26F). Sounds like it'd be a nice, cheap drone to use as an alternative.
KarmaInferno
Eh. Given the plethora of Negotiation boosts available in 4th edition, 26 availability just means you'll have to wait a little longer.

-k
psychophipps
I actually used the arm as part of build for a custom cyberweapon for Sara in my game. I'm a huge fan of Hardwired, the classic cyberpunk novel, and had to build a cybersnake with a Shadowrun twist for my blatant knock-off of the former hooker turned street samurai from the book (didn't even bother to change her name). I ended up with a mix of an Oral Slasher from Augmentation (1500), the articulated weapon arm from augmentation (5,000), a cybereye with thermographic vision (1,250), and a Monowire Whip (3,000). Came up with a pretty nasty piece of work that is basically an implanted telescoping monowire rotorooter.

Cybersnake 0.5 Essence Damage: 6P AP: -3 Availability: Be Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs enough to want one in your character and impress your GM with a backstory...and pay 10,750 nuyen.gif
The cybersnake requires the Exotic Weapon: Cybersnake for use.

Consisting of an articulated tube of artificial muscle and cartilage that can extend almost the full meter, a cyberware heat sensor, and a collapsible monowire "flower" at the end, this fearsome (and completely bugfuck crazy) cyberweapon hides inside of a bodily orifice before extending to strike. It can attack in melee combat as an add-on attack to armed and unarmed combat with a reach of 0. It can also be used to eviscerate when the user is in, shall we say "friendly" ranges where the cybersnake can enter the body of the victim and use the heat sensor to start ripping the living hell out of the largest heat sources it can find, invariably the major blood-bearing organs. The user can use a lubricant to keep blood and bits from sticking to the cybersnake as well allowing it to slide freely in and out of the internal bioware "sheath". As a side note, if the orifice chosen is the mouth, the user will be forced to hold their breath while the cybersnake is extended.

So basically, you're frenching with this hotty (in the PG rated version of this scenario) when this meter-long monowire roto-rooter hops out of their mouth, down your throat, and starts making chunky salsa of your important bits without any immediate external indication that your guts are mush when they're walking past your guards on the way out.
psychophipps
duplicate post
SpellBinder
QUOTE (psychophipps @ May 28 2014, 08:55 PM) *
I actually used the arm as part of build for a custom cyberweapon for Sara in my game. I'm a huge fan of Hardwired, the classic cyberpunk novel, and had to build a cybersnake with a Shadowrun twist for my blatant knock-off of the former hooker turned street samurai from the book (didn't even bother to change her name). I ended up with a mix of an Oral Slasher from Augmentation (1500), the articulated weapon arm from augmentation (5,000), a cybereye with thermographic vision (1,250), and a Monowire Whip (3,000). Came up with a pretty nasty piece of work that is basically an implanted telescoping monowire rotorooter.

Cybersnake 0.5 Essence Damage: 6P AP: -3 Availability: Be Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs enough to want one in your character and impress your GM with a backstory...and pay 10,750 nuyen.gif

Consisting of an articulated tube of artificial muscle and cartilage that can extend almost the full meter, a cyberware heat sensor, and a collapsible monowire "flower" at the end, this fearsome (and completely bugfuck crazy) cyberweapon hides inside of a bodily orifice before extending to strike. It can attack in melee combat as an add-on attack to armed and unarmed combat with a reach of 0. It can also be used to eviscerate when the user is in, shall we say "friendly" ranges where the cybersnake can enter the body of the victim and use the heat sensor to start ripping the living hell out of the largest heart sources it can find, invariably the major blood-bearing organs. The user can use a lubricant to keep blood and bits from sticking to the cybersnake as well allowing it to slide freely in and out of the internal bioware "sheath". As a side note, if the orifice chosen is the mouth, the user will be forced to hold their breath while the cybersnake is extended.

So basically, you're frenching with this hotty (in the PG rated version of this scenario) when this meter-long monowire roto-rooter hops out of their mouth, down your throat, and starts making chunky salsa of your important bits without any immediate external indication that your guts are mush when they're walking past your guards on the way out.
The description of this weapon made me think of the Harlequin's Kiss of Warhammer 40,000
Uli
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 28 2014, 05:50 PM) *
Or add 10% to the nuyen cost, call it modular, and get a friend to help you attach it to your back when you need it.

That idea is pure gold. smile.gif

Combining some smuggling compartments and a leg holster for the gun sound very neat, too. Then you get lots or clickety-clanky robot action, when you ready your weapon.

Thanks for the responses!
Stahlseele
The PROBLEM with this sort of thing is with the armor above it . .
How are you going to use this kind of thing with armor over it?
It just does not work. Same with the stupid idea of the ruthenium polymer camouflage for the skin . .
As long as you are covering yourself up you simply can not use this stuff effectively <.<
Uli
In 4A, any self-respecting full-body prothesis wearer can afford enough internal armor to go skinny running every time. Also in this case, you can just coat your chrome with ruthenium polymers for very little cost. smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (psychophipps @ May 28 2014, 07:55 PM) *

Consisting of an articulated tube of artificial muscle and cartilage that can extend almost the full meter, a cyberware heat sensor, and a collapsible monowire "flower" at the end, this fearsome (and completely bugfuck crazy) cyberweapon hides inside of a bodily orifice before extending to strike. It can attack in melee combat as an add-on attack to armed and unarmed combat with a reach of 0. It can also be used to eviscerate when the user is in, shall we say "friendly" ranges where the cybersnake can enter the body of the victim and use the heat sensor to start ripping the living hell out of the largest heart sources it can find, invariably the major blood-bearing organs. The user can use a lubricant to keep blood and bits from sticking to the cybersnake as well allowing it to slide freely in and out of the internal bioware "sheath". As a side note, if the orifice chosen is the mouth, the user will be forced to hold their breath while the cybersnake is extended.

That is just awesome... smile.gif cool.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 29 2014, 04:11 AM) *
The PROBLEM with this sort of thing is with the armor above it . .
How are you going to use this kind of thing with armor over it?
It just does not work. Same with the stupid idea of the ruthenium polymer camouflage for the skin . .
As long as you are covering yourself up you simply can not use this stuff effectively <.<

Which is why my Ruthemium Carapace Spider Changeling goes nude when he is running (he has a carapace - Got to keep it PG after all smile.gif ) Drop the Cloak and disappear, ala Major Kusanagi. smile.gif Fortunately the carapace provides at least a little bit of armor.
Sendaz
No, he is just a nudist as I heard he was always running around nude BEFORE they ever got any of that tech, the toys just made it less noticeable. nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ May 29 2014, 07:01 AM) *
No, he is just a nudist as I heard he was always running around nude BEFORE they ever got any of that tech, the toys just made it less noticeable. nyahnyah.gif

*Hangs Head* The damned Comet screwed it all up for me. Now, I have to hang out at a UB Nudist Colony. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012