Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing Twins
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Medicineman
After watching Crisscross (those two twerps from the 80's who were wearing their trousers backwards)
I got the urge to play twins in SR5.
I have played Twins already in SR4A ('Yin&Yang' chinese she-Elves streetsams with a mystical Touch)
but not yet in SR5.
And I was wondering what You (as GM and as co-Players) think about playing Twins
(in General as well as in my case)
The Twins: Human,Male, mystical Adeps ,Streetname (Maybe, not quite sure) : CrissCross & Doublecross or Mirror & Image)
Prio A Skills/ B for Attributes / C mystical Adept /D Human /E Resources
They'll have the same attributes, Qualities are nearly the same. They have mostly the same Skills but are different for ca 10 Pts (one is more sportslike and the driver the other one is rather the tinkerer) and I'm thinking of giving each one a different Totem that fits their inner character better (Dragonslayer for one and Lynx for the other one)
I also have a fitting Background(which is important for me)
What Do you think about it( from a GMs point of View and from a Players p o v )

with a HipHopDance
Medicineman

Sendaz
If you are good at juggling multiple character personalities while still maintaining separate information for each (ie they do not automatically know what the other is doing or thinking or having done to them--unless you give them a magical/techno reason to support this ) then I do not see why not.

Really as a GM I would only be concerned about one of the characters basically being the ultimate loyal henchman to the other, automatically doing whatever the other says.

Granted they will be loyal to the other, but if you want to bring a character to the table it should still be allowed to grow in it's own respect.

With a Corsican Congo
Sendaz
Happy Trees
I've got a campaign going with my two sons. Their characters are identical Orc twins. As a twist, I made one of them human (1 in 10000 Orcs is born human, 95% of these goblinize during puberty), so we have a human dronomancer and an Orc adept, who are identical twins. So far it's worked out quite well, and the kids have even started using it as a way to confuse and perturb some of the NPCs. I even gave them both a negative quality that acts like the Orc rage (I forgot what it's called) from Earthdawn and is triggered by insulting the other twin. They love watching the bewildered looks they get from retaliating against some clueless jerk who called Zander a trog or Jaykob a pink (the house equivalent of "squishie"). Twins can be great fun, if made and played right.
Sendaz
We used to do something similar in RL. One of my buddies is African American while I am Caucasian and we while out at the bars we would introduce ourselves as being brothers.

People would go 'oh, related by marriage or adopted?' and we would look at them and then at each other and I would say ' Noooo, same mom and dad, why?'

Eventually someone would broach the subject, delicately mentioning that I was white.

At that point I would look at my buddy, who would shrug and say 'Yeah, you're white' and I would act all shocked and demanding to know why nobody ever told me before this while my buddy would make consoling noises about how mom didn't want me to know.

Ahh, the looks on their faces..... good times.
Plasteel Frankenstein
Are you playing both characters at the same time?
Medicineman
QUOTE (Plasteel Frankenstein @ Jun 1 2014, 04:41 PM) *
Are you playing both characters at the same time?

This was my first intent
But after a discussion I also apreciate the Idea that the GM plays the other twin (just like an ally Spirit ).
Or maybe I lend it to one of my fellow Players whose own Char is incapacitated atm (f.E.)
I don't really mind smile.gif . The most important thing is that both twins are played at the same session (because one Char does not a twin make ) preferably both by me but thats not a must

with a Twin Dance
Medicineman
Ashmire
For some weird reason, I picture someone doing Siamese twins with a single character sheet and RP'ing two voices in argument...
Sendaz
I was also thinking a SR version of Ogre Twins from ED would be interesting, but maybe a bit difficult to make work mechanic wise or be a bit too powerful.
[ Spoiler ]
justkelly
For a pbp on this site - the Tribes game - I create triplets, 1 girl and 2 boys. They are all aspected magicians. The girl only conjures and the boys split the other two skill sets (one casts spells, the other only enchants). While all three are in the game, only one character is really "in the action". This is still relatively new, but so far, I have used the other two siblings, to "interact" with the primary sibling only.

It was fun building these three, especially when I decided to split the magic skills up. Dad was a full magician, but strange things happen in the womb. biggrin.gif Having each sibling only handle one aspect of magic really makes them rely on each over. The background has them losing their parents and living in foster homes and orphanages until they "escape" together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012