Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matrix SR5
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Vantive
I've read over the new matrix rules a few times and I'm having difficulty understanding a few things.

If somebody could please tell tests for the following it would help me piece this all together.

What tests are used for hacking a commlink, cyberware, car, building security for camera access.etc

How does GOD work in terms of how I track the players score and detect them?

The whole matrix chapter is pretty vague compared to what I understood in SR4.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Vantive @ May 29 2014, 05:45 AM) *
I've read over the new matrix rules a few times and I'm having difficulty understanding a few things.

If somebody could please tell tests for the following it would help me piece this all together.

What tests are used for hacking a commlink, cyberware, car, building security for camera access.etc

How does GOD work in terms of how I track the players score and detect them?

The whole matrix chapter is pretty vague compared to what I understood in SR4.

I'll answer your 2nd question first, what you're looking for is "Overwatch Score and Convergence", on pg. 231 of the SR5 manual. Basically, as soon as your player uses a Attack or Sleaze action the counter starts (after a fresh matrix boot). The score itself is the sum of the hits (NOT net hits, all hits) of your defense tests. In addition, every 15 minutes it goes up by 2d6 (after they've performed an attack action). There are programs to allow the player to check their overwatch score (baby monitor), otherwise you just keep track yourself. Once their overwatch score reaches 40 they get dumped (with some associated damage).

Per your 1st question, there are a lot of topics of a similar nature on these boards, which may be worth checking out. Another piece of advice I'd have would be to read some of the play by posts in "Welcome to the Shadows", in particular the OOC threads where you can see players and GMs describing the activities you're interested in. I'd explain it myself but I don't feel like I know enough about the SR5 matrix to avoid messing up my explanation cyber.gif
Vantive
Thanks,

When I look at the forums I am limited to 3 pages only. Is there something I must enable to see the entire boards?

EDIT: Never mind. I shouldn't use a computer.
Sunshine
QUOTE (Vantive @ May 29 2014, 04:42 PM) *
EDIT: Never mind. I shouldn't use a computer.

I feel like that every day with computers AND the Matrix Rules (all Editions thou I feel like they are getting there)
DrZaius
QUOTE (Sunshine @ May 30 2014, 02:41 PM) *
I feel like that every day with computers AND the Matrix Rules (all Editions thou I feel like they are getting there)

@Vantive

I'll add that the reason I told you to google over answering your question was that I wasn't confident I COULD answer your question without spending some time looking it up myself (which, I decided, would be better for you to do, since you wanted to know smile.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012