Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mitsuhama Tomino as magical super troll?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Uli
My unsuspecting cyborg PCs are looting a lost arcology in the SOX disguised as giant trolls with "magical powers". I'm afraid that body and armor 10 won't suffice, if they fight with the military security (MET2000). RAWwise you are allowed to combine maxed regular armor with mimic.
However, does that make sense and will they then be indestructable?
Modular Man
When our GM tried to shoot through the team van's armor (rating 15) a few weeks ago, he sent (in one encounter) gangers with submachine guns loaded with AV ammo. They'd still have needed 4 net hits to even damage it.
See, your guys can wade through HMG fire most of the time already.
So against armor rating 20, you'd need some distinctively big guns. Then again, this is in the SOX. And by "big guns" I mean assault cannons, Barret sniper rifles with AV ammo, AV rockets/missiles, (big) shaped charges.

Also, Tominos are not quite discreet anyhow, even with mimic 3, I'd think. Armor rating 20 will make those frames only bulkier. I don't think the mimic modification is supposed to cover regular plating instead of concealed armor, but I don't think there's a clear ruling on that.
Why do I have that image of Warhammer 40.000 Juggernauts in my head?
KarmaInferno
Not sure how effective the Mimic would be in any case.

Whether you have large cyborgs or large trolls incoming, the opposition is going to be breaking out the heavy weapons in either case.

Even in non-combat situations both would get similar reactions. It's kinda like trying to disguise the Tominos with a funny hat.

-k
Uli
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ May 30 2014, 04:19 PM) *
Not sure how effective the Mimic would be in any case.
[ . . . ]
Even in non-combat situations both would get similar reactions. It's kinda like trying to disguise the Tominos with a funny hat.

While I agree that armor 20 might be overdoing it, I think that a Tomino appearing as a humungous troll is greeted much more warmly - as a person, that is - than a talking piece of war tech. And as a considerably pricey humanoid drone by design, mimic should work way better on it than on motorcycles with arms and legs. wink.gif

I think I'm going to go with armor 10 and a little bit of personal armor.
Modular Man
That should work, too.
As far as I know, personal armor would effectively directly add to internal armor because cyborg bodies as drones do not take stun damage, am I correct?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Modular Man @ May 30 2014, 01:41 PM) *
That should work, too.
As far as I know, personal armor would effectively directly add to internal armor because cyborg bodies as drones do not take stun damage, am I correct?

You are correct. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012