Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you reckon NERPS are?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowDragon8685
Nerps.

Nerps, nerps, NERPS!

Nerps?

What are NERPS?

That's the question that's on my mind.

Out-of-game, they were Net Enhancements for Role-Playing Shadowrun. Quasi in-character, at least according to the Shadowrun wiki, they are New Exciting Retail ProductS.

And of course, all veteran Shadowrun players know them to be Non-Essential RolePlaying Stuff.

But... What.... Are they? In-character, I mean?

Well, in Shadowrun Returns, we see vivid artwork depicting that NERPS are advertised in all sorts of places, from city streets to inside bars. They seem to have a massive, cross-sectional appeal, as evidenced by the dealer-of-stuff in SRR who was out of NERPS. He had Novacoke and Jazz, but not NERPS.

What, then, could they be? Obviously something small enough and desirable enough for a drug dealer working a Maria Mercurial concert to bring some, rather than more novacoke. But they're also advertised openly, too.

My theory is that NERPS are incredibly alcoholic hard candies, Everlasting Gobstopper style. Pop one in your mouth and it lasts for ages, and as the different fruity flavored layers dissolve, you're getting a buzz.

[e]Typo fixed. nyahnyah.gif
toturi
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ May 30 2014, 02:36 PM) *
Quasi in-character, at least according to the Shadowrun wiki, they are New Exiting Retail ProductS.

So they exit the scene so fast they are new?
Happy Trees
Dead Man's Switch had a pic of a girl holding a coke bottle in an advertisement for NERPS. I had assumed it was a drink of some kind.
bannockburn
Next Exciting Retail Product. A placeholder of the advertisement industry. They can be everything,
[ Spoiler ]
KarmaInferno
Bull commented on this in '09

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=855808

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012